Windows 10 pops up error 80240020 on your screen when something goes wrong with your computer’s cache, configurations or system settings. There is nothing scarier; you need to look at several factors including Antivirus conflicts, software bugs, and corrupted DLLs.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Turn Off Antivirus
The real-time protection actively scans running processes, open files to detect malicious objects. However, at times, things may go wrong. It may show false positive for an original file or process, resulting in a conflict that ultimately leads in error 80240020 Windows 10. Temporarily disable the real-time protection of your Antivirus software and check whether the problem persists.
1. Expand the System Tray icons.
2. Right-click your Antivirus, choose Pause protection and specify a period.
Download Updates for Microsoft Products
Microsoft releases updates that are capable of fixing internal bugs and issues that cause a headache to users.
1. Type Update in the Search Box.
2. Click Check for Updates from the Search Results.
3. Click Check for Updates button.
Repair Corrupted Components
System File Checker is the most useful utility. It is pre-installed on your computer. It scans for any changes into system files and overwrites corrupted ones with the original versions.
1. Open the elevated Command Prompt. Press Windows Key + X; choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Execute SFC /SCANNOW command.
3. You might be prompted to insert Windows installation disc to replace corrupted system files with original versions. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Uninstall Conflicting Apps
Windows 10 error 80240020 occurs if you’re using an application which might be in conflict with your system. Review the list of recently installed applications as below:
1. Click Start, and then Settings.
2. Type App in the Search box on the top right corner.
3. Open Apps & Features from the Search Results.
4. You’ll have applications list after determining app sizes and other information. Select Sort by install date option from the second drop down box.
5. Select a recently installed application, click Uninstall.