Windows 10 Blue Screen highlights PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. At first, it seems a newly installed application has caused this error. So the user removes the app, reboots PC, and to his surprise, the error still comes after a short time.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Set No Paging File
The paging file, located in operating system installation drive, is hidden by default. It’s a vital part of Virtual Memory feature that administrators the use of hard disk memory instead of RAM memory. To get rid of Page Fault in Non-Paged Area, disable the Virtual Memory feature using System Properties dialog box.
1. In the Search Box on Taskbar, type sysdm.cpl and open this Control Panel item from the Search Results.
2. Click Advanced tab > Settings (Performance).
3. Click Advanced tab > Change (Virtual Memory).
4. Uncheck the box named Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
5. Select your system drive, usually, drive C:\, and choose No paging file option.
6. Click Set button.
7. Click OK | OK | OK.
8. A system reboot is required for the changes to take effects.
Remove Faulty RAM
Power off your PC and unplug the power cord. Remove the side panel of your CPU cabinet. Once you push it aside, figure out whether one or multiple RAMs are installed on the system board.
- If you have single RAM, carefully remove the clips on either side of the stick and pull it out. Connect the RAM to another available slot.
- If you’ve two RAMs, remove the first one and test another RAM for several days. It helps you determine whether it was a faulty memory issue or not.
Unplug External Hardware
A newly connected hardware may cause Page Fault in Non-Paged Area error on Windows 10 operating system. Disconnect all recently plugged hardware devices and it’ll solve your issue.