If your Windows 10 is running slowly, it could be because of a vast number of junk files, incorrect system settings, fragmented hard drive, too many background services and programs, and many other countless reasons. Let us go through each factor in brief.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Perform driver update.
- Restart your computer.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Optimize Drives for Better Read/ Write Performance
Our hard drive becomes fragmented due to regular disk read/ write activities. Fragmentation makes your hard disk do extra work that costs overall system performance. Drive Defragmentation is a part of regular Windows management and data reorganization activity, which can significantly improve your system performance.
1. Click the Start button on Taskbar.
2. Click All Apps | Windows Administrative Tools | Defragment and Optimize Drives.
3. It opens up a tool, called Optimize Drives.
4. Go ahead, select all drives and click the Optimize button. Drive optimization can take several hours depending on the size of your drive, level of fragmentation.
Perform One-Click Optimization
[eafl id=11274 name=”Reginout” text=”Intel Software Partner Reginout”], a reliable & trusted system utility software, speeds up your PC with its one-click optimization feature. The PC Optimization software, designed by Sorcim Technologies, stops background activities of applications, defragments system Registry, and configures your PC settings for optimum performance,
- Defrags compacts & re-organizes the Registry to get rid of fragmentation which worsens over time.
- Cleans up tens of GBs of temporary files including system cache contents, temporary Internet files, interim data of the application, files extracted by installers, old backups, web browser caches, form fill-up data and saved download history.
- Sets extreme gaming performance by creating a new services profile with a minimal number of services.
- Optimizes Internet speed by setting the most recommended browser & Internet settings. Improves your Internet experience.
- Speeds up startup and shutdown speed by terminating the processes you don’t need.
- Uninstall unwanted programs safely and securely.
Remove Files you Don’t Need
You might want to remove temporary files, downloaded objects, setup extracted files, provisional application data to reclaim several GBs of lost space.
1. Double click This PC icon on Desktop.
2. Right-click your system drive, usually C:\
3. Select Properties.
4. In the new dialog box that opens, click Disk CleanUp.
5. Check-up all check boxes, and start cleaning process.
Disable Unneeded Windows Features
Windows come with plenty of pre-installed features. Disable the features you rarely use.
1. In the Search box on Taskbar, type Windows Features.
2. Open Turn Windows Features On or Off from the Search Results.
3. It opens up a new dialog. Uncheck the features you intend to disable. Click OK.
Optimize PC Settings
Configure Windows for high performance, stop CPU-consuming visual effects.
1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
2. Type SystemPropertiesPerformance and click OK.
3. Select Adjust for best performance in the new dialog that opens.
4. Click Apply, and then OK.
Manage Background Tasks
A service refers to a background activity or a process that runs when your computer boots up. System services are necessary for they keep Windows functioning. Various RAM-intensive third party services may not require. Boost Windows 10 speed by optimizing the background services and tasks.
1. Press Windows Key + R; type services.msc and click OK.
2. Now your computer shows the list of all services.
3. To disable a service, right-click it and select Properties option.
4. In the new dialog, select the Disabled option under the Startup type drop-down box.
5. Click Stop button, and then Apply | OK.