This open world exploration game has gained dedicated fans from across the globe. Avid PC gamers have reported some issues such as State Of Decay 2 crashing to desktop during gameplay.
There are a range of solutions based on different factors. Follow each of the solutions given below until your problem is completed fixed.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Run the full scan
- Perform system clean-up
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Update Your Drivers
Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system.
It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue.
Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
System requirements are the configurations stated by a software or game manufacturer in order for the software application or game to run smoothly and efficiently.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i5 2500/ AMD FX 6300
- Random Access Memory (RAM): 8 GB
- Dedicated Video Random Access Memory (DVRAM): 2048 MB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760/ AMD Radeon HD 7870
- Vertex & Pixel Shader: 5.0
Restore Default Configurations
State Of Decay 2 crashes, Blue Screen of Death and other errors occur when the saved game configuration file is corrupted. You can fix such file manipulation issues by simply renaming the config file in question.
- Press Windows Key + R to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type the following and press ENTER:
- C:\Users\User_Name \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Dayton_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\StateOfDecay2\Saved\Config
- Rename the UWP file to UWP_Old.
Check DirectX Issues
The game produces log files to record a certain list of events which are helpful for diagnostic purpose. Evaluate the log file to check if DirectX needs to be reinstalled.
- Double-click This PC icon.
- Open the following directory:
- C:\Users\User_Name \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Dayton_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\StateOfDecay2
- Does the error log file indicate “Failed to choose a D3D11 Adapter”? If so, you might want to download the latest version of Microsoft DirectX from the Microsoft Download Center.
Use Native Screen Resolution
When you run the game into a resolution that it can’t support, the game might crash to Desktop. Set the game’s resolution to match with that of your computer’s native screen resolution.
- Click Start.
- Type Resolution.
- Open Change the Resolution of the Display.
- You may be able to view the native screen resolution in the new Settings dialog that pops up.
- Note down the resolution, and exit the dialog.
- Now, open This PC.
- Locate the following directory:
- C:\Users\User_Name \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Dayton_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\StateOfDecay2\Saved\
- Right-click the GameUserSettings.ini file, choose Open With | Notepad.
- Set the DesiredScreenWidth and DesiredScreenHeight based on your computer’s native resolution. (You may use the Find feature by pressing Ctrl + F to search for the desired values)
- For example:
- Set the Resolution Quality as follows:
- Press Ctrl + S to save the documentation and then exit.
Reinstall the Game
This error can occur when some of the game components, files installed on your machine are missing, deleted or moved. The game may not function properly when the components it relies on needs to be reinstalled.
- Press Windows Key + X, select Apps and Features.
- In the Apps and Features dialog that appears on your screen, select State Of Decay 2.
- Click Uninstall button.
- Follow the removal wizard, and restart your computer.
- Use the game installer to reinstall the game again.