SnagIt crashes denote something is wrong with your system. A hardware failure, software bug or perhaps poorly configured system settings are common causes.
SnagIt is a screen capture program from TechSmith, which allows users to capture both audio & video output with versatility and amazingly powerful features.
This tool, which offers more than standard built-in options, allows editing screenshots with overwhelming features.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download Operating System Updates
Though Windows 10 periodically checks for new updates and patches, it is recommended to manually download new updates to fix vulnerabilities that result in SnagIt crashes.
- Click Start.
- Click Settings icon in the newly opened Start Screen.
- Click Update and Security icon.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Your computer will now check for new updates and download them automatically.
End and Restart the Process
You might want to stop and restart the SnagIt program process on the local computer. It’ll fix a temporary glitch during runtime.
- Press Windows Key + X, select Task Manager.
- Click More Details on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Stop the following processes displayed in Processes tab:
- To stop a process right click it, select End Process option.
Run the Program in Compatibility Mode If SnagIt Crashes Continue To Occur
Use the Compatibility Mode to resolve inter-version conflicts with SnagIt and your operating system. It helps to make older programs compatible with the version of Windows you use.
- Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
- Open the following directory:
- For 64 Bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Snagit 10\
- For 32 Bit Windows: C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 10\
- Right-click snagit32.exe file, select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check-up the box named Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select an earlier Windows version.
- Click OK.
Reinstall the SnagIt
SnagIt program files can get damaged in several ways. A corrupted program file can crash the whole application. Here are some steps on how to fix corruption of your program files:
- Press Windows Key + X, select Programs and Features.
- It opens up a new dialog with the list of all programs.
- Right-click the SnagIt program entry, select Uninstall.
- Confirm the action.
- Restart your computer after successful uninstall.
- Visit the official website of SnagIt and download the product.