This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, and the fixes are based on different circumstances. Here is a detailed guideline for you.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Repair Drive Errors
Session 3 initialization failed error occurs whenever your operating system fails to obtain required data from files due to HDD read/ write errors. If the system drive’s file system is corrupted and it is repairable, you need not buy a new hard disk. Windows come with a disk diagnostic utility called CheckDisk, which fixes issues on file system errors.
1. Reboot your laptop/ computer after inserting Windows installation media.
- For Lenovo laptop, press the small button located near the charging port. You’ll see a new screen. Select the Boot Priority/ Boot Sequence or suitable option and press ENTER. Select your Windows 10 installation DVD and press ENTER.
- For other laptops and computers, press F2 or Delete key repeatedly until the CMOS Configuration Screen appears. Go to the Boot menu using keyboard arrow keys, set the First Boot Device as your DVD-ROM Drive and Second Boot Device as your Hard Disk Drive. Go to Exit > Save changes and exit.
2. Press any key when you’re prompted to do so.
3. Click Next on the welcome page.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Click Troubleshoot | Command Prompt.
6. Execute following commands in given sequence:
- chkdsk drive_letter: /p /r
Note: Replace drive_letter with the system drive letter. Example:
- chkdsk C: /p /r
Copy Missing Files Using Recovery Console
Recovery Console is a command-line based advanced troubleshooting utility. Scan for missing operating system files, one of the main reasons behind Session 3 initialization failed error.
1. Open the Command Prompt window in the Windows Recovery Console. To do so, refer Steps # 1 – 5 under Repair Drive Errors section.
2. Execute following commands in sequence:
Test your RAM
It appears that your faulty memory is causing the error. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool as outlined below:
1. Type Diagnose in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Open Diagnose your computer’s memory problems from the Search Results.
3. You’ll be prompted to reboot to continue. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Use Clean Boot
Launch the System Configuration Utility to start Windows with limited startup applications. Here’s how:
1. Type MSCONFIG in the Search Box on Taskbar.
2. Open System Configuration from the Search Results.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Choose Selective Startup.
5. Uncheck the box labeled Load startup items.
6. Click Apply, and then OK.
7. Reboot the device when prompted.