QuickBooks is an accounting software for business entities. This software which allows keeping track of your everyday business transactions, payroll, sales, expenses and inventory, may occasionally crash.
Prevent Antivirus Conflicts
A conflict between your Antivirus program and QuickBooks causes it to stop responding. Provided below are instructions for temporarily disabling the Antivirus protection.
- Right-click the system tray icon of your Antivirus.
- Select Pause protection.
- In the confirmation box that appears, click the Pause button.
Delete App Settings
A portion of your application data exists in the AppData directory. We don’t need to erase the entire folder contents. Delete the configuration files and re-open the app again.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Select Run.
- Type AppData.
- Click OK.
- In the File Explorer window, locate the following directory:
- ..\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [Version]
- Delete the files named QBWUSER.ini and EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
Reinstall the App
Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks assuming your program files are unauthorized changed.
- Press Windows Key + X; select the Programs and Features.
- Scroll down the list of programs, search for Quickbooks entry.
- Right-click that app, select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then reboot your computer.
Change Firewall Outbound Rules
Make sure your outbound rules are in place. You might want to exclude QuickBooks from the Firewall protection and allow establishing a connection to its servers. In other words, whitelist the program file.
- Type Windows Firewall in the Search box on your Taskbar.
- Open the Windows Firewall from the Search Results.
- Click the Advanced settings link in the left panel of the screen.
- In the new window, expand the following nodes:
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer | Outbound rules
- Click the New Rule action link label (right panel).
- Select the Program option and then click Next.
- Select This program path option.
- Insert the following path and then click Next.
- For 32-bit version of Windows:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010\QBW32.EXE
- For 64-bit version of Windows:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010\QBW32.EXE
- Select Allow the connection option.
- Check-up all the boxes and then click Next.
- Enter the following name:
- Changed QuickBooks configurations
- Enter the following description:
- Unblocks connection to the QuickBooks server
- Click Finish.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effects.