The use of online streaming services is rapidly increasing with the availability of more High Definition (HD) quality content in various regional languages at affordable prices. If you’re habitual of listening music and watching movies online, you must have encountered slow streaming on Windows 10.
The stuttering and slowness with online content can be a major drawback for most home users. We’re here to guide you optimize your Internet speed and improve your overall streaming experience.
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
- Click the button below to download and install the Diagnostic
- Perform a Registry scan and fix any problems detected.
- Restart your computer.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Disable Bandwidth-Hogging Extensions To Fix Slow Streaming On Windows 10
A Browser Extension facilitates integration to a third party service throughout your browser. Example: Search toolbars, Webpages to PDF converter, Files download manager, Quick Prints.
An ideal solution will be to determine whether any browser extensions are hogging your Internet connection speed. Disable all network consuming extensions to increase the YouTube video loading speed significantly.
1. Click the Menu icon on the upper left.
2. Select Extensions.
3. Select Manage Extensions.
4. You’d be able to see a list of all extensions in a new tab.
5. Disable all unwanted extensions. (Use Disable button)
1. Press Alt key on your keyboard to show the hidden menu bar.
2. Click Tools, and then Add-Ons.
3. In the new tab that opens, check the contents of Extensions and Plugins tabs.
4. To disable an extension, click the Disable button.
5. To disable a plugin, select Never Activate option from the drop down box.
1. Click Menu icon.
2. Select More Tools | Extensions.
3. Uncheck the Enabled check box for all those extensions you intend to disable.
1. Press Alt key.
2. Click Tools, and then Manage Add-Ons.
3. You’d be able to see a list of all add-ons.
4. Disable unwanted add-ons one by one using the Disable button.
Your computer caches IP addresses and DNS results in an attempt to faster requests to hostnames. DNS misconfiguration can cause problem communicating with the host and slow down online streaming.
1. Press Windows Key + X.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Execute below commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
4. Restart your system.
Enable Hardware Acceleration
The Hardware Acceleration feature accelerates page rendering and converts video codes into ordinary language. It helps to improve online streaming performance and 3D animations.
1. Open Shockwave Flash Test Page.
2. Right-click the video element, choose Settings.
3. In the small window, check-up the box labeled Enable hardware acceleration.
4. Click Close.
Decrease Video Quality
Video stuttering, buffering issues may persist when you choose high video quality on a slow speed Internet connection.
If your slow streaming issue is limited to Netflix alone, we’ve a comprehensive guide to speed up Netflix streaming.