When world’s popular on-demand Internet streaming media service Netflix, entered the Indian market in January 2016, it carried entertaining movies and humorous television shows for the Indian public. However, many Indians encountered frequent crashes during playback. It suddenly crashes, requiring the user to restart it again. Don’t worry; you won’t need to kick back to your TV. We’ll guide you through the troubleshooting process.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Reinstall Essential Components
Microsoft Silverlight is an essential plug-in to play Netflix content. Netflix India crash occurs when the plug-in files are corrupted, missing, renamed or deleted. Reinstall the same.
1. Type “Apps & Features” in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Type “Netflix” in the “Type an app name” text box.
3. When it is displayed in Search Results, click it and then Uninstall button.
4. Follow the uninstaller, restart.
5. Visit Microsoft Download Center; obtain the latest Microsoft Silverlight.
Log Out all Devices
If you’ve logged in to Netflix with multiple devices, log out from the Account page.
1. Visit the Netflix official website.
2. Go to “Your Account” section.
3. Under Streaming Plan there is a link named “Sign out all devices.” Click that link.
Turn On Hardware Accelerated Playback
Netflix India may encounter crashes when hardware accelerated playback feature is disabled. Turn this feature on using Microsoft Silverlight Configuration tool as shown below:
1. Press Windows Key + R simultaneously.
2. Insert the following full file path and click OK.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\
3. Open the file named “Silverlight Configuration.exe” located in a subfolder representing Silverlight version.
- …\<Your Silverlight Version>\Silverlight.Configuration.exe
4. Check-up the box named “Enable hardware-accelerated playback” under Playback tab.
5. Save the changes by clicking OK.
Configure Trusted Websites List
Your Internet settings may require further configurations to avoid conflicts between browser and Netflix website. Add the site to Trusted Files List.
1. Open Run dialog. (Press Windows Key + R)
2. Type “inetcpl.cpl” and click OK.
3. Go to Security tab > Trusted Sites icon > Sites button.
4. Add following websites one by one: (Add a site, click “Add” button)
5. Click Close, and then OK.