When this error occurs in Blue Screen of Death, also called as STOP Screen, you’ll be asked to boot your PC using the Recovery Tools since Boot Configuration Data file, a vital and integral part of Windows operating system, could not be located.
Fix Master Boot Record (MBR)
Windows Recovery Tools allow you to repair corrupt Master Boot Record (MBR). This tool can be a great help to fix issues with the boot sector that can sometimes trigger this situation.
1. Insert the Windows 10 operating system installation media in your DVD-RW Drive.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Press F2 or Delete key repeatedly until the CMOS Configurations screen appears.
4. Set the First Boot Device to your DVD ROM.
5. Set the Second Boot Device to your Hard Disk Drive.
6. Save the changes and exit.
7. When you’re prompted to press any key, follow the instruction.
8. Select a Windows version you’re currently using.
9. The setup will start loading.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Repair your computer.
12. Click Troubleshoot.
13. Click Advanced Options.
14. Click Command Prompt.
15. You should see the Command Prompt window opened up.
16. Type the following commands one by one. Press ENTER after each of them.
- Bootrec /fixmbr
- Bootrec /fixboot
- Bootrec /scanos
- Bootrec /rebuildbcd
17. After finishing up, click the Close button.
18. Click Turn Off your Computer to exit the advanced startup menu.
Perform Startup Repair
The Startup Repair fixes problems that prevents Windows from loading. It will overwrite the Boot Configuration Data file which is corrupted or missing.
1. Follow Steps # 1-13 under the Fix Master Boot Record (MBR) section.
2. Click on Startup Repair.
Use System Restore
The built-in safety tool can be a quick way to recover from critical system errors. Restore points are automatically created when you install a Microsoft software or a new driver. However, if you’ve a custom restore point created prior to 0xc0000034 error, you can choose the same.
1. Follow Steps # 1-13 under Fix Master Boot Record (MBR) solution.
2. Click Click System Restore.
Check HDD for Errors
Check Disk, often abbreviated as ChkDsk, is a tool in Windows that repairs logical file system errors that result into serious system crashes, data loss and not to mention Windows 10 error 0xc0000034. The disk repair tool in Windows, commonly known for fixing bad sectors of the hard disk, can be run located through various methods – Command Prompt, Windows PowerShell and Recovery Console, just to name a few. However, in this case, as your computer fails to boot you might want to load it using the Windows installation media.
1. Repeat Steps # 1-15 under the Fix Master Boot Record (MBR) section.
2. Type the following command:
- chkdsk c: /r
3. Press ENTER.
Reset the PC
When you reset the PC, Windows Setup reinstalls your operating system. All stored files, applications, apps downloaded from the Windows Store will be removed — except the apps that came with your computer. It might take a longer time.
1. Repeat Steps # 1-12 under the Fix Master Boot Record (MBR) section.
2. Click Reset this PC icon.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Conduct Memory Tests
A faulty RAM is likely to be an issue. Windows Memory Diagnostic is a comprehensive, easy to use and pre-build tool in Windows. It contains basic scan necessary for a standard RAM test, and an extended scan for a thorough check-up.
1. Boot your computer using Windows installation media.
2. Windows Boot Manager screen will appear.
3. The default highlighted option is Windows type (64/ 32 bit). Press Tab to go to the Tools category, and highlight Windows Memory Diagnostic.
4. Your computer will conduct several memory tests. Please wait a while.