This error may occur during different intervals. Some users reported it while accessing shared files and folders, while others faced while using the Virtual Box feature, email client application.
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
- Click the button below to download and install the Diagnostic
- Perform a Registry scan and fix any problems detected.
- Restart your computer.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Turn Off Script Blocking
Turning off script blocking in Norton Antivirus has its disadvantages. It can make your laptop/ computer vulnerable to malicious attacks. If turning off script blocking doesn’t help, re-enable it again.
For Norton Antivirus:
- Open up the main user interface, and then click Options icon | Norton Antivirus.
- Click Script Blocking.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled “Enable script blocking (recommended).”
- To save your changes, click OK.
Change Virtual Box Registry Settings
If you’re encountering a problem using Virtual Box, follow these instructions:
1. Fire up the Registry. (Use Run > RegEdit command)
2. Expand the following subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppControlFlags\Layers
3. Did you find a string key named “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VirtualBox.exe.” This string should contain a value such as “DISABLEUSERCALLBACKEXCEPTION”
4. Delete that string, exit the utility and restart Windows.
Change Token Filter Settings
The numeric value in your Token filter setting has been incorrectly changed. Restore the default value and then try again.
1. In the Registry Editor open following subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Policies | System
2. Now you may find a DWORD or QWORD (64 Bit) named “LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy” for Windows 32 bit and 64-bit types respectively.
3. Double click it, replace its value with “1” and then press ENTER.
4. Exit; restart your machine.
Turn Off New Email Notify
0x80004005 occurs in Outlook due to problems with the functioning of New Email Notify feature. Turn this feature off as follows:
- Open Outlook; go to Options dialog from the Tools menu.
- In the Options dialog, click Preferences tab.
- Click E-mail Options.
- Uncheck the box labeled “Display a notification message when new mail arrives,” and then click OK.
Delete SoftwareDistribution Downloads
The contents downloaded as software distribution files have been corrupted. First, stop the Windows Update service without which you cannot empty those folder contents. Empty the folder, and restart the service again.
- Open the Services tool. (Use Run > services.msc)
- Terminate the “Windows Update” service. (Scroll down > Right-click Windows Update > Stop)
- Minimize the window; open File Explorer.
- Open following directory:
- Delete everything inside the “Download” folder.
- Restore the Services window, restart the Windows Update service again. (Right click > Start)
- Exit out of the screen and reboot your PC.