VideoLAN is a cross-platform multimedia player that supports streaming of media, CD/ DVD music content. This media player with an ability to play most popular file types may crash during playback.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Reset the Preferences
If the VLC Media Player isn’t working, restore the application settings. You may need to reset the program settings.
- Open the VLC Media Player.
- Press the Ctrl + P keys simultaneously.
- It opens up the Preferences dialog box.
- Click Reset Preferences button.
- You have now a confirmation prompt on your screen. Click OK to confirm.
Get Rid of Corrupt Files
Roaming data is a folder designation with data more complex in nature. The player crashes when the VLC settings are corrupt.
- Exit VLC Media Player
- Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
- Click the View tab.
- Check-up Hidden items.
- Open the following directory:
- Right-click the file named vlcrc and select Rename.
- Specify a new name: vlcrc_old
Your application doesn’t function correctly due to file compatibility issues. You might want to locate the executable file, run it in the compatibility mode.
- Open the File Explorer.
- Browse the following directory:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\
- Right-click vlc.exe file, select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check-up the box named Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select a previous Windows version.
- Click OK.
Disable Preloading of MKV Files
Codecs enable compression and decompression of music files. These codecs which serve as the oxygen for streaming media content may experience a problem and crash the complete player.
- Open VLC.
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Select All option in the Show settings on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Expand the Input/ Codecs node in the left panel.
- Expand Demuxers node.
- Select Matroska.
- Uncheck the box named Preload MKV files in the same directory.
- Click Save.