Project Cars occasionally crashes with error messages, unhandled exceptions or controller issues. It may crash during startup interval or gameplay. The solutions involve setting up appropriate screen resolutions that your game supports, ensuring your system fulfills all hardware requirements, resolving issues with language files.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Perform driver update.
- Restart your computer.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Verify System Requirements
Here is the set of required hardware and software requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz/ AMD Phenom II
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX/ ATI Radeon HD
- Memory: 4 GB
- Video Memory: 1 GB
Restore User Interface Language
Make sure you set English (United States) as the UI language.
For Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista:
1. Double click Steam icon on Desktop.
2. Open Library.
3. Right-click Project Cars game icon, select Properties from the context menu.
4. In the new dialog that opens, click Language tab.
5. The default language is English (US). Try changing it to a regional language. In case the default language was already changed depending on your system configurations, set English (US).
6. Save and apply the settings.
Set Compatible Display Resolution
Go to your computer’s display settings and adjust the system resolution according to game’s compatibility.
For Windows 10:
1. Type “Display Settings” in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Open it from Search Results.
3. It opens up a new Settings window > System page.
4. Click “Advanced system settings” link.
5. Select a supported screen resolution from Resolution drop down box.
For Windows 8.1/ 8:
1. Right-click your Desktop, choose Screen Resolution.
2. Set a compatible resolution under Resolution drop down box.
3. Click Apply | OK.
For Windows 7/ Vista:
1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Click Adjust Screen Resolution (Under Appearance and Personalization category).
3. Use the horizontal slider to set a supported display resolution.
4. Click Apply.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus
Temporarily stop your Antivirus real-time protection and re-run the game again. It may prevent Project Cars crashes.