One of the highly earning Battle royal shooter games PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is creating chaos on the Internet due to unexpected crashes. We’ve compiled this article to cover up issues that might cause trouble loading PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds or cause it to crash.
Check System Requirements
System Requirements are the system level that need to be fulfilled in order to run a computer application or game. Your game may crash to Desktop if your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, as specified in the ReadMe documentation.
- Operating System: Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7
- Processor: Intel Core i5 4430/ AMD FX 6300
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB
- Graphics Memory: 2 GB
- Random Access Memory: 8 GB
- Free Hard Disk Space: 30 GB
Update Device Driver
A bug may be present in the older version of your driiver. The process of updating your device takes care of any glitches that might be causing your game to crash repeatedly.
- Press Windows Key + X, select Device Manager.
- Expand the node of your graphics card, and then right-click the device.
- Select Update driver software.
- Click the first option to let Windows automatically search for updated version online.
- If the automatic scan fails to find any update online and you have the necessary driver files for upgrade, use the second option of manual update.
Lower Your Game Settings
If you don’t have a high-end computer, you need to do a bunch of tweaking to make the game run smoothly.
1. Go to the Game Options.
2. Set Custom Quality.
3. Set the Screen Scale slider value to 85.
4. Set Very Low quality for the following features:
- Post processing
5. Set Low Quality for the following feature:
6. Set Disable option for the following features:
7. Set Ultra Quality for the following features:
- View Distance
8. Press OK and restart your game to implement the new changes.
Load Windows with Minimal Apps
When you boot Windows normally, there is a possibility that some of the background programs or services may be conflicting. Boot Windows with minimal set of software, services and drivers.
- Type MSConfig in the Search Box on your Taskbar, and open it from the Search Results.
- Once the System Configuration tool is displayed on your screen, click the Boot tab to display boot-related configurations.
- Check-up the box Safe boot under Boot Options category on the bottom left.
- Select Minimal.
- Click Apply, and then OK.
- You’ll be prompted to restart your computer for the new changes to take effect, click Restart Now.
Clear Launch Parameters
Launch Parameters are commands separated by space in a game’s properties. They are very helpful to troubleshoot a wide range of problems faced by gaming community.
- Open the Steam App, and go to the Games Library.
- Right-click the game icon, choose Properties.
- Click Set Launch Options.
- Clear-up the contents of the text box, and click OK.
- Exit Steam, and re-load it again.
Check For Problems with Game Files
The verification of game files checks integrity of files stored in the game library. The process may take some time.
- Re-open the Game Properties from the Steam Library.
- Click the Local Files tab | Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- If you’re prompted, confirm the action.
Restore Default Configurations
Try resetting the game settings to their defaults. A configuration file is located in the application data directory. You just need to rename, delete or move the file to a different location to restore your game’s configurations.
- Exit the game.
- Double-click This PC icon on your Desktop.
- Open the following directory:
- Rename the folder WindowsNoEditor as WindowsNoEditor_backup
- Open File Explorer, browse the following directory:
- Delete the configuration files from the WindowsNoEditor folder.
Turn Off CPU Cores
CPUs with multiple cores perform better than CPUs with single core. This process may not always work as expected. Some technical glitches can be causing rapid game crashes.
- Open the Task Manager. To do so, right-click the Taskbar, select Task Manager.
- Click the Details tab.
- Right-click the process named TSLgame.exe, select Set Affinity.
- Turn off the CPU Cores for all the processors except CPU 0.
- Click OK.
Disable Introductory Videos
The intro videos, also knon as opening videos, are custom animations that play before the game starts. Game crashes may occur due to trouble loading one of the intro videos. Skipping these videos might help.
- Exit the game, and go to the directory containing game installation files.
- Locate the following folder:
- Move the LoadingScreen.mp4 and LicenseScreen.mp4 files to somewhere else, for example, Desktop.
Restart Required Services
Some of the services – background processes that carry out required operations, might be stopped and failing to load properly. If some of these services are already running, stop them, and restart all of them altogether.
- Type Services.msc in the Search, and open the Services tool.
- Right-click the service named Security Center, select Properties and set the Startup Type to Automatic. Click Start, and then OK.
- In the same manner, set the Automatic Startup type for another service called Windows Management Instrumentation.
- Exit the Services tool, and restart your computer.
Turn Off High Precision Event Timer
Microsoft and Intel jointly developed HPET is meant to supplement the traditional periodic interrupt function. If this feature causes conflicts with your game, you always have an option to temporarily disable it.
- Right-click the Start button, select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Execute the following commands:
- bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
- Restart your computer to finish troubleshooting.
Change In-Game Resolution For Multi-Monitor
If you’re trying to play the game in multi-monitor mode, you might want to adjust your game’s resolution to match that of the monitors.
- Open File Explorer.
- Locate the following folder:
- Right-click GameUserSettings.ini, select Open with | Notepad.
- Set the desired multi-monitor resolution in the following fields:
- Save the file (Ctrl + S) and close it.
Change High Frame Rate
Some of the users reported their problem was fixed just after resetting the high frmae rate value as shown below:
- Open the GameUserSettings.ini file again. (Refer Steps # 1-3 under Change In-Game Resolution section)
- Alter the value of FrameRateLimit= to the desired one.
- Save and close the file.