Hearts of Iron IV is a strategic game based on the perspective of World War II. The game, primarily popular among World War II enthusiasts, crashes during gameplay.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Verify System Requirements
The ReadMe file supplements detailed information about the system requirements. Make sure your computer fulfills them before trying to play Hearts of Iron IV.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad/ AMD Athlon 2
- Memory: 4 GB
- Free Disk Space: 2 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce/ ATI Radeon HD
Delete Game Data
Game data is the information located in game’s program files. It contains player statistics and other vital information required during gameplay. Your game crashes when this information is corrupt.
- Exit the game completely.
2. Double click Users folder on Desktop.
3. Open the Documents sub-folder.
4. Open the following location:
- ..\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\
5. Delete the folder contents.
Update Older Drivers
You might want to determine installed driver versions, and check if you need to update them.
1. Press Windows Key + X.
2. Select Command Prompt.
3. Type DriverQuery and press ENTER.
4. You have a list of all installed drivers along with their release date.
5. Note down the older driver versions and update them accordingly. Visit the manufacturer’s website, and then Drivers & Downloads section.
Check Cache Integrity Issues
The cache verification feature compares game components. Here’s how to initiate the process:
1. Open the Steam client.
2. Go to the Games Library, right click Hearts of Iron IV, and select Properties.
3. Click the Local Files tab.
4. Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
Customize Performance Options
NVIDIA Control Panel enables changing multimedia, display and application settings without even leaving Windows or needing to reboot it.
1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Click Manage 3D Settings.
3. Set the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
4. Save the settings.