One of the largest annoyance with Halo Wars 2 is its declining performance and low FPS issue. Here are tips to get rid of memory leaks and convert your machine into a high-speed gaming computer.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Disable Background Windows Update Task
Windows 10 automatically downloads new updates and schedules installation without user consent. It can consume network bandwidth and impact your gaming performance. By temporarily activating metered connection, which is particularly useful for connections with throttling restrictions, you are blocking Windows from installing new updates.
- Click the Start button; select the Settings.
- Click Network and Internet, and then Wi-Fi icon.
- Click Advanced options link.
- Mark the connection as metered using the Set as Metered Connection slider.
Disable Nagle’s Algorithm
This algorithm is known for slowing down Internet and gaming performance. Disable it by changing required values in the Registry.
- Open Google and type My IP Address.
- Your IP address will be displayed on the screen. Please note it down.
- Press Windows Key + X; select Run option.
4. In the newly opened dialog, type RegEdit and click OK.
5. Locate the following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Services | TCPIP | Parameters | Interface
- Double-click the string named DhcpIPAddress and enter the IP address you noted down earlier.
- Right-click an empty area on the right-hand side panel, select New | DWORD (32 Bit).
- Create new strings named TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay.
- Specify 1 value in both the strings.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Clear Major Resource Consuming Hindrances
Your Windows may be configured with shiny performance features to impress the user with attractive appearance and animations. This feature, however, becomes a hurdle when it comes to gaming performance.
- Click Start in the Search Box.
- Type Performance and Appearance.
- Open Adjust the performance and appearance of Windows from the Search Results.
- Select the option named Adjust for best performance and then click OK.
Update Display Driver
Display adapter manufacturer provides regular updates to fix bugs and performance issues. Visit the website of your video card manufacturer, go to the Downloads section. Select your operating system and then initiate the download.