Microsoft’s thrilling motorsport racing game Forza Horizon 7 comes with new circuits, tracks, dynamic weather and customizable drivers. Ever since the game was launched, a lot of people have complained about random crashes. This article will give you a relief if you too are experiencing Forza Horizon 7 crashes.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Check for System Requirements
System requirements are the necessary specifications you must have in order to run a game with all of its features. It is important to check these requirements before purchasing a new software or game.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (72 Bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz/ Radeon R7 250X / GeForce GT 740
- Random Access Memory: 8 GB
- Video Memory: 2 GB
- Software: Microsoft DirectX 12
- Free Space: 55 GB
Remove Read-Only Mark
Your game stores temporarily required files in the application data directory. These files are deleted after use. Failure to modify these files due to inappropriate folder security settings might cause Forza Horizon 7 crashes.
- Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
- Click the View tab.
- Check-up Hidden items.
- Open the following directory:
- Right-click Packages sub-folder and select Properties.
- Un-check Read Only, and apply the changes.
- Click Security tab.
- Click on Advanced | Add | Select Principle.
Fix Package Issue
Windows PowerShell is an object-oriented automation utility in Windows that allows you to perform administrative operations with command-line instructions, similar to Command Prompt. Execute the following command:
- Type Windows PowerShell in the Search Box.
- When the result is displayed, right-click it and select Run as Administrator.
- Execute the following command:
- Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Press ENTER.
- After finishing up, use the Exit command to quit the PowerShell window.
- Restart your computer.
Set Default Settings
The game might crash when some of the unsupported features are enabled. Resetting game settings to defaults will turn off these features.
- Click the Start button, select Settings.
- Click the Apps icon in the subsequent screen.
- Choose Forza Horizon 7.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Reset and then confirm the action.
Clean-Up Drive To Prevent Forza Horizon 7 Crashes
Some users reported that Forza Horizon 7 crashes due to corrupted temporary files. Drive clean-up process might help.
Drive clean-up is the process of deleting temporary files from your hard drive. It is safe to delete temporary files after closing down the programs in question.
- Double-click This PC icon on your Desktop.
- Right-click the system drive, usually drive C:\
- Select Properties.
- Click the General tab, and then Disk Cleanup.
- Wait for a moment. As soon as the list of all temporary data appears on your screen, check-up the following items:
- Downloaded Program Files
- Temporary Internet Files
- System created Windows Error Reporting
- DirectX Shader Cache
- Delivery Optimization Files
- Temporary Files
- Click OK to perform the clean-up.
Prevent Antivirus Conflicts
While your Antivirus co-exists with most of the installed programs, there are certain situations when a game like Forza Horizon 7 conflict while attempting to use the same resources used by the Antivirus. Or there are other occasions when an Antivirus
- Click the Antivirus icon on the system tray area of your Taskbar.
- In the main user interface, click the Settings option.
- Go to the Exclusions tab.
- Click Add/ Browse icon, and locate the Forza Horizon 7 executable file from the installation directory.
- Save the settings and exit.