Java from Sun Microsystems is a programming language used for composing individual classes and delivering rich content on the Internet. If your Mozilla Firefox crashes while displaying Java content, follow the steps given in this article.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Perform driver update.
- Restart your computer.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Change Java Registry Settings
Your Java preferences exist in the form of Registry database. Repair the corrupt Registry entries that prevent the program from functioning properly.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Type about:config in the Address Bar of your browser.
- Press ENTER.
- Acknowledge the browser settings change warning prompt.
- Right-click on an empty area within the preferences frame, select New | Boolean.
- Insert the following property name:
- Insert the following preference name:
- Select False as the Boolean value.
- Click OK to confirm and save.
Update the Driver
Updating drivers on frequent basis makes your computer better. Firefox Java crashes may occur when you’re running an outdated version of your drivers. Updating them might be helpful.
- Type Update Device Drivers in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
- Open Update Device Drivers from the Search Results.
- Expand the top node.
- Update each driver displayed in the list. To do so, right-click it, select Update driver software.
Download Latest Version of Java
Make sure you run the latest version of Java. It is essential for the smooth functioning of Windows. Remove the existing installation, download and install the latest available release.
- Click the Start
- Select Settings.
- Click System | Apps & Features.
- Scroll down the list of programs.
- Click the Java software, choose the Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Reboot.
- Visit the Java download page, obtain the latest version and install it on your computer.
Change Driver Installation Settings
As the default, the Windows is set to get recommended driver updates. The workaround is to disable automatically updating of drivers.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound | Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the computer/ laptop name displayed under Devices category.
- Select Device installation settings.
- Select No (your device might not work as expected) option.
- Click Save changes.
Perform System File CheckUp
System File Checker is a utility that checks your system files for damaged or corrupted versions. Firefox Java crash occurs if any critical file is missing or corrupted.
- Type CMD in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
- Open it from the Search Results.
- Type SFC /ScanNow
- Press ENTER.