FIFA 17 is an innovative game that provides an authentic football championship experience with real-looking characters and emotions. Some users reported the problem of frequent FIFA 17 crashes during gameplay, which we’ll cover in this article.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Check Computer Configurations
Check whether your computer has the following or equivalent hardware to play FIFA 17.
- Processor: Intel Core i3/ AMD Athlon 2/ AMD Phenom Quad Core
- Memory: 4 GB
- HDD Space: 15 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX/ ATI Radeon HD
- Software: Microsoft DirectX
- Other hardware: VOIP Headset, Dual Gamepad
Reinstall Visual C++ Redist
The game shares resources used during Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 package may be corrupted, resulting in FIFA 17 crashes to Desktop.
1. Double click This PC desktop icon.
2. Open the following folder:
- C:\Program Files\Origin Games\FIFA 17\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\Redist
3. Right-click the vcredist_x64.exe file, select Run as administrator.
Change Display Resolution
Your game might have encountered a problem due to an incompatible display resolution. Try attempting to run it after changing the resolution.
1. Double-click the Users folder on your Desktop.
2. Open the Documents folder, and then FIFA 17 subfolder.
3. Right-click FifaSetup.ini file, choose Open with | Notepad.
4. Click Edit, select Find.
5. Type RESOLUTIONHEIGHT and click Find Next.
6. Set an appropriate resolution height compatible with your monitor display.
7. In the same manner, search for RESOLUTIONWIDTH, and set it appropriately.
8. Finally, save the file by clicking File | Save.
Repair the Game Installation
Thanks to the developers, Origin provides an option to perform the full game repair. Most problems, including FIFA 17 crashes, can be quickly sorted out throughout this procedure.
1. Open the Origin.
2. Go to your games library.
3. Right-click the FIFA 17 game icon, select the Repair option.
Change Registry Configurations
You might want to verify up the information stored in the Registry.
1. Press Windows Key + R keys simultaneously.
2. Type RegEdit, click OK.
3. Double-click the RequireSignedAppInit string.
4. Enter 0 as the string value.
5. Click OK.
6. It can be found here:
Change NVIDIA Settings
You might want to ensure that the power management mode is set to use maximum performance in the NVIDIA Control Panel settings.
1. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Click the Manage 3D Settings.
3. Set the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
4. Save the changes, exit.