Many Windows 10 users have been complaining of stumbling across the following error message while trying to access their Yahoo email account:
“There appears to be a problem loading your message list.”
In most cases, the issue can be quickly sorted by disabling the conversations from mail settings. The process is very simple.
- Open Yahoo Inbox.
- Click the Cog icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Uncheck Enable conversations under Viewing Email category.
- Click the Save button in the confirmation prompt that appears.
Clear Browser Cache
Cache is a storage location that holds temporary contents during a web session. Yahoo Email fails to load the message list if the cookies stored by Yahoo have been corrupted. Just clear up the browser Cache contents, Temporary Internet Files, and Cookies as shown below:
- Use the Ctrl + Shift + Delete shortcut combination. It works in all popular browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera.
- You’ll see Clear Browsing Data dialog box on your screen.
- Choose the beginning of time option from Obliterate the following items from the drop down box.
- Check the following boxes:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- AutoFill form data
- Finally, click on Clear browsing data to launch the cleanup.
In most of the cases, the problem is attributed to the user’s Internet connection. Run an Internet speed test to check the internet speed. Configure your Internet settings for highest speed, and hopefully, you won’t experience this problem again.
- Download Sorcim’s Reginout System Utilities.
- Click the Internet Optimizer tab.
- Select the option named Home Computer with Networking from the drop down box.
- Click Apply.
Browser toolbars have been around for years. They are automatically installed during installation stage of freeware tools. At their worst, they eat up considerable system resources and slow down your computer incredibly.
For Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, press Alt key to make the menu bar visible.
- Click the View menu.
- Select Toolbar submenu, and uncheck all toolbars.
Disable Extensions/ Add-Ons
Some add-ons, also known as extensions, may block websites that are completely safe and you regularly use them. They might even cause strange issues with the proper functioning of your browser. To get rid of the message loading problem, disable the extensions/ add-ons.
For Internet Explorer
- Click Tools menu; select Manage add-ons.
- You have a new dialog with a list of all toolbars, extensions, search providers, accelerators and tracking protectors in different tabs under the Add-On Types category.
- Make sure you’ve selected All Add-Ons option in the Show drop down box.
- Disable every extension. (Select an extension > Disable)
- Click Close to exit the dialog.
- Click Menu.
- Select Extensions | Extensions Manager.
- Now you can see all extensions in a separate tab.
- Click the link named All on left panel to display all extensions.
- Click the Disable button for every extension.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Press Alt key to bring up the menu bar.
- Click Tools menu, choose Add-Ons.
- Click the Extensions tab.
- Click Disable button for each browser extension.
For Google Chrome
- Click the Menu icon on the upper right-hand corner.
- Select More Tools | Extensions.
- You can see a new tab with lots of plug-ins. Disable them all by unchecking the Enabled checkbox ahead of plug-in names.
Submit a Support Ticket
Yahoo Support is another handy forum that might prove helpful in solving the riddle. However, they may take a while before answering your email support ticket due to the huge volume of complaints they deal with.
- Open the Yahoo Email Inbox.
- Click the Help icon.
- Click Mail | Get Help for Customer Care.
- Fill-up the support form and submit a support ticket to Support Department.