The error occurs while attempting to access shared network drives. The computer fails to access the contents stored in shared folders.
Error Code 0x80070035: The network path was not found
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Run the full scan
- Perform system clean-up
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Update Your Drivers
Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system.
It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue.
Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
Turn On NetBIOS Feature
The NetBIOS feature is an essential part of a computer’s Local Area Network. De facto industrial standard, at times, needed for the smooth performing of your network activities. Turn NetBIOS on to fix error code 0x80070035.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Type “View Network Connections” in the Search Box, and open it.
3. You have a new window on your screen. Right-click the active Wi-Fi Internet connection, choose Properties option.
4. Click the Networking tab.
5. Choose “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPv4)” from the list of items.
6. Click Properties.
7. Click Advanced, and then WINS tab.
8. Choose the option named “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/ IP” from NetBIOS Setting.
9. Click OK thrice.
Turn On Network Discovery
Network Discovery feature makes it possible for you to see the names of devices connected to a shared network. Windows 10 error 0x80070035 occurs when the Network Discovery feature stops working.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Type “Manage advanced sharing settings” in the Search Box, and open it from Search Results.
3. Select the option named “Turn off network discovery” option under Network Discovery section of both Private (Current Profile) and Guest or Public users.
4. Click the Save Changes button.
Disable Security Signature
RequireSecuritySignature key determines whether to sign communications or not digitally. It is a part of Windows security feature. Disable it using Registry Editor window.
1. In the Search Box, type “RegEdit” and open it.
2. Locate the following subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Services | LanmanWorkstation | Parameters
3. Double click the “RequireSecuritySignature” string in right panel; replace its value with “0” (zero; without quotes).
4. Click OK.
Add Firewall Exceptions
Firewall protection software is designed to protect a computer from an unauthorized network connection. Error 0x80070035 occurs when it prevents a legitimate connection established through a genuine application software.
Customizing Windows Firewall
1. Click Start, and then Settings.
2. Type “Firewall” in the Search box on the upper right corner.
3. Click “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” from Search Results.
4. Click Change Settings button to make all form objects enabled.
5. Click “Allow another app” button. It will open up a new dialog named Add an app.
6. Click the Browse button, locate the Executable Files (.EXE) of the app that displays 0x80070035 error.
7. Click Add, and then OK.
Customizing BitDefender Internet Security
1. Open BitDefender Internet Security software.
2. Click the Settings icon.
3. Click Firewall | Adapter Rules.
4. Click Add Zone button.
5. Specify the Internet Protocol (IP) Address of your network path. It will enable access to that IP Address and prevent error.
6. Choose the “Allowed” option, and then click OK button.