Many people are upgrading their computers to Windows 10. The error pop ups while trying to activate Windows 10 or change its Product Key.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Run the full scan
- Perform system clean-up
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Update Your Drivers
Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system.
It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue.
Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
Use Command-line Arguments
You may have to follow these command-lines:
1. Open Command Prompt (Admin). Press Windows Key + X; and select that option.
2. Execute below command-lines
- slmgr /upk
- slmgr.vbs /cpky
- slmgr /ckms
- slmgr.vbs /ckms
- slmgr /skms localhost
3. Restart the PC after executing these commands.
Perform Activation by Phone
Phone activation works when Microsoft servers fail to change product keys.
1. By pressing Windows Key + R and opening Run dialog, type “slui.exe 4” and click OK.
2. Go for “Phone Activation” option when you’re prompted to do so.
Download Windows Updates
Microsoft may have released new patches for error 0xc004e016. Go to Windows Update and check for new updates.
1. Open Start Menu, click Settings.
2. In the new page, click Update & Security icon.
Try Activation Command-lines
There are other SLMGR command-lines where you need to insert your Windows 10 Product Key. The activation should work.
1. Open Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Execute below command:
- slmgr /ipk AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA (Replace it with your Product Key)
- slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
- slmgr /ato
3. Restart your PC for the changes to take effects.