At some point in time or another, Microsoft Office programs can break and stop functioning. Error 0x80070005 appears due to a variety of reasons. If you’re experiencing a problem during Office installation, there is a way to get the issue fixed.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Run Installer as Admin
Configure the setup program to run as administrator with privileges required to perform requested tasks. This will fix issues that are causing error 0x80070005.
- Insert the installation disc into your DVD Drive.
- Go to the root of the installation disc.
- Right-click the SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE file.
- Select Run as administrator.
Disable Antivirus To Prevent Error 0x80070005
Some programs will often fail to install when an Antivirus is running in the background. If you’re not able to install the program, there is likely to be a connection with the Antivirus program.
- Click the Upward arrow on the bottom right corner on your Taskbar.
- Right-click your Antivirus icon.
- Select Pause protection.
- Select a time period, say 15 minutes; or an event, for example, select resume after a system reboot.
Change Folder Security Settings
Specify folder access permissions to the current user. Windows allows you to change the folder security settings in a way to make the content available to other users sharing the same computer.
- Double-click This PC icon on your Desktop.
- Click the Downward icon on the Ribbon interface.
- Click the View tab.
- Check-up Hidden items.
- Open the following directory:
- Right-click Packages sub-folder.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Edit.
- Check-up Full Control box under Allow column.
- Click OK | OK.
Repair the Office Suite
Uninstall and reinstall the standalone Microsoft Office application or the entire program.
- Right-click on your Start button.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Right-click Microsoft Office item.
- Select Change.
- In the new wizard that opens, select Repair this program option.
- Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Change the Account Type as Administrator
Unlike standard accounts, the Administrator accounts have a complete control over a computer and it’s global settings. It’s possible to change the current account type to Administrator from a standard user account. Here’s how:
- Open the Control Panel again.
- Click User Accounts | User Accounts.
- Click Change your account type.
- Select Administrator.
- Click Change account type.
- Provide your administrative password to proceed.
Update Office Suite
Try updating your operating system to make the computer run longer. Error 0x80070005 appears when your computer is missing a significant update required to function Windows correctly.
- Click Start, point to Microsoft Office | Microsoft Office Word.
- Click the File button.
- Select Help.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Microsoft Office Word will check and download new updates and patches.
Enable Over-the-Network Computer Access
Change your computer’s Group Policy settings and enable access to your computer via the network.
- Type GpEdit.msc in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
- Open it from the Search Results.
- Expand the following nodes:
- Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | User Rights Assignment
- Double-click on Access this computer from the network.
- Click Add User or Group.
- Specify the name of the new user or group, and then click Check Names.
- Finally, click OK | OK.
Use Program Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting compatibility issues might help the program install correctly. The Compatibility Troubleshooter tool walks you through getting incompatible programs installed/ run.
- Use the Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Right-click the setup program, select Troubleshoot Compatibility.
- Windows will start detecting the issues.
- Choose either Try recommended settings or Troubleshoot program.