Free-to-play Battle-royal PC game Fortnite comes with novel constructive mechanics and excellent environment setup. One of the interesting features that make this game unique is that despite usage of assault weapons to hunt down and shoot enemies, there is no blood.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Registry is the database that contains your important game profile settings. Some incorrect changes in the registry can break your system. Repair it using the procedure given below:
- Press Windows Key + X. Select Run.
- Type RegEdit and hit ENTER.
- Locate the following sub-key:
- Right-click the GraphicsDrivers sub-key, select New | DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Specify the name TdrLevel and value as 0.
- Exit the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Turn Off Unsupported Features
Some of the users reported that disabling shadowing, motion blur features and lowering the video resolution fixed the issue.
- Open the Fortnite game.
- Open the Game Settings.
- Click on the Hamburger.
- Choose the Cog Symbol.
- Click the Video tab.
- Set the Shadows Effect to Off.
- Set the Resolution to Lower.
- Set the Motion Blur to Disabled.
- Click Apply.
Windows releases new bug fixes to resolve most commonly found system problems. Try updating your computer to see if that fixes your game problem.
- Click Start.
- Click Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- In the Windows Update tab, click on Check for Updates button.
Reinstall the Game
Fortnite crashes may occur due to corrupted game installation. Uninstall and reinstall the game to fix the problem.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Select Apps and Features.
- Select Fortnite game from the list of installed programs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after successful completion.
- Reinstall the game again.
Resolve Compatibility Issues
Fortnite crashes also occur when the game file is not compatible with the operating system you’ve installed. Use the Properties to configure compatibility settings.
- Click File Explorer.
- Open the following directory:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64
- Right-click on the file named FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe
- Select Properties option.
- Click on Compatibility tab.
- Check-up the box named Disable Fullscreen optimizations.
- Click Apply, OK.
- Repeat the same procedure for another file named FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe.