The legendary tank shooter game World of Tanks is so much popular among the youngsters. The massively played online multi-player game offers a unique world of epic battles. Here’s a troubleshooting guide to fix commonly faced World of Tanks crashes to desktop.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Check Minimum System Requirements
Game publishers put minimum requirements for their game to ensure smooth gameplay without lags. WoW system requirements are as follows:
- OS: Windows 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP
- CPU: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 1.5 GB for Win XP, 2 GB for newer versions
- Graphics Card: GeForce 6800/ ATI HD X2400
- Graphics Memory: 256 MB
- Free Disk Space: 16 GB
- Software: Microsoft DirectX Version 9
- Other: Internet Connection with minimum 256 kbps speed
Game preferences are located in an Extensive Markup Language (XML) file. Set the appropriate window height and width as mentioned below:
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type AppData
- Open the following location:
- Right-click the Preferences.xml, select Open with | Notepad.
- Search for “windowedWidth” and “windowedHeight”
- Set the appropriate aspect ratio depending on your computer’s monitor screen.
- Click File | Save.
Change PlysX Configurations
The NVIDIA PhysX System Software is an important component of your graphics card software.
- Right-click the Desktop, select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click Advanced 3D Settings.
- Click Configure Surround.
- Click PhysX | PhysX Settings.
- Choose the option named GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, and then exit the window.
Fix Compatibility Settings
Change the compatibility mode of the World Of Tanks executable file to make it run on the latest version of the operating system.
- Launch the Battle.net Application.
- Click on Options.
- Choose Show in Explorer.
- Now, browse the game installation folder.
- Right-click the Wow_64.exe file, choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check-up theRun this program in compatibility mode for box.
- Set an earlier Windows version, and then apply the settings.
Release & Renew IP Address
Try releasing, flushing and renewing the DNS IP Address using CMD.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Execute below commands one by one:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- After finishing the process, exit and restart your computer.
Fix File Compatibility Issues
Compatibility Mode feature comes to rescue when a Windows app don’t work well. Try changing the compatibility mode settings using a built-in tool called Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- Right-click the game icon, choose Properties from the right-click menu options.
- Click Compatibility tab, and then select an older Windows version.
- Save the settings, and re-run the game.
Perform Windows Store Cache Reset
The WSReset.exe command resets the Windows Store cache contents just in the same way you delete browser cache.
- Reset Windows Store
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously.
- Type WSReset.exe
- Click OK.