Dark Souls 3 is a unique game which stands out from top challenging games available worldwide. Sluggish performance issue during Dark Souls 3 gameplay is not uncommon. Several forums are flooded with complaints that the game freezes and responds slower than usual.
Verify System Requirements
Your computer must meet the following system requirements to play Dark Souls 3 at optimum performance:
- Processor: Intel i3/ AMD FX
- 4 GB of RAM
- Minimum 2 MB connection broadband bandwidth
Supercharge your PC by Cleaning Memory Resident Junk
Reports suggest that no matter how advanced hardware you have, you are still going to build tens of thousands of unnecessary files over a period during your computer activities. Clear the junk files using the Disk CleanUp program in Windows.
1. Double click This PC icon on your Desktop.
2. Right click the system drive, and select Properties.
3. Click the Tools tab.
4. Click Disk CleanUp.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Speed Boost by Disabling Startups
Your gaming performance keeps getting slower with every new startup application registered in the Registry. The idea is to disable unneeded background processes executed at Windows boot interval to fix slow Dark Souls 3 issue.
- Press Windows Key + X; select Task Manager.
- Click More details.
- Click Startup tab.
- Right-click > choose Disable option for each startup you would like to disable.
- Exit the program; reboot your PC.
Tweak System Settings
Tweak your system settings to get a full graphical experience by turning off animations and visual effects that you don’t need.
- Right-click This PC.
- Select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click Settings (Performance).
- Select Adjust for best performance.
- Click OK twice.
Upgrade BIOS to Turn your PC into a High-Speed Gaming Computer
BIOS, which stands for Basic Input Output System, plays a significant role in setting the stage for your OS and gathering information of connected hardware. Upgrade your BIOS to latest available version to fix annoying little FPS and Dark Souls 3 freezes issues. Visit the website of your system board manufacturer, go to the Downloads section. Select appropriate version of Windows, initiate the download & installation.