The latest edition of Dark Souls is not free from glitches and technical issues. The social media crew has received numerous complaints about Dark Souls 3 crashes during gameplay. Worry not, here are some quick fixes that will help you deal with nasty bugs and fix the crashes.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Verify System Requirements
If you have never played Dark Souls 3 on the computer you’re currently using, it is crucial to verify required hardware and software components. The ReadMe file contains detailed system requirements information.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8 or Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2100/ AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 4 GB
- Free Space: 25 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX/ AMD Radeon HD [Must be compatible with Microsoft DirectX software]
- Audio Card: Must be compatible with Microsoft DirectX
- Software: Microsoft DirectX
Get Nvidia 314.22 Drivers
Numerous users reported the issue was fixed after downloading and installing Nvidia 314.22 drivers from the official website. Google NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL or visit the GeForce Drivers official download page.
Delete Saved Game Data
Saved game data contains information about returning players, game statistics, last save point and much more. Corrupted game data causes Dark Souls 3 crashes.
1. Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
2. Open the following directory:
3. Delete saved game data.
Check Video Configurations
Your game stores all graphics settings in an XML format. Review the graphics settings and make appropriate corrections.
1. Use the File Explorer to open the following directory:
2. Right click GraphicsConfig.xml file, choose Open with | Notepad.
3. Verify all game configurations are true and correct.
Lower the Lightning Quality
The lightning quality may be too high and unsupported. Configure NVIDIA graphics card settings to avoid Dark Souls III crashes.
1. Click the More icon at the far right corner of your Taskbar, and then click the NVIDIA Control Panel icon in System Tray area.
2. In the new window that opens, click 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
3. It opens a new dialog. Click Program Settings tab.
4. Choose Dark Souls III or darksoulsiii.exe, whichever exists, from the drop down box.
5. Set the Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames to use the 3D application settings.
6. Click Apply button.
Configure Refresh Rate
Set the default refresh rate for your monitor, i.e. 60 Hz. Here’s how:
1. Use the File Explorer to navigate to the following directory:
2. Right-click Config.XML and choose Open with | Notepad.
3. Make sure that your Monitor’s Refresh Rate matches with that of game’s. The game refresh rate is 60 Hz.
4. After making appropriate changes, save them. (Ctrl + S)