This article is for everyone who could not play one of the most anticipated, third-person shooter game, Crackdown 2, which crashes during the gameplay. The open world, action adventure game made a huge impact on a group of fans who long expected its release.
Don’t panic if you’re experiencing Crackdown 2 game crashes. It’s very easy to fix this problem. Here are some guidelines that helped most, if not all, users.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Exclude Game Files from DEP
The Data Execution Prevention feature helps to prevent the execution of malicious code running on a system. This feature, which is a part of additional checks performed by Windows, is classified further into software and hardware-enforced mechanisms. Crackdown 2 crashes may occur when a false positive is triggered.
1. Right-click This PC icon on Desktop.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click Advanced system settings.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then Settings (Performance).
5. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
6. Select the option named Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
7. Click Add.
8. Browse and locate the Crackdown 2 executable file. You might find the game installed in Program Files or Program Files x86 folder.
9. Click OK | OK.
Reinstall the Game
If the crashes reoccur after closing and re-opening the game several times, there is something wrong with your program files. Reinstalling the game might solve this problem.
1. Press Windows Key + X, select Programs and Features.
2. Scroll down the list.
3. Right-click Crackdown 2, select Uninstall.
4. Confirm the action in the confirmation prompt.
5. Follow the wizard and then restart your computer.
Perform System File Scan
System File Checker is an essential component of the Windows resource protection environment. This program uses Windows Modules Installer service to detect and repair issues with the commonly shared game and program files.
1. Press Windows Key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type following command:
- SFC /ScanNow
3. Press ENTER.
Sometimes, your Antivirus product can be the culprit. You might want to re-launch the game after temporarily disabling your Antivirus software.
1. Right-click your Antivirus icon in the system tray.
2. Select Pause protection.
3. You’ll be prompted to specify a time interval to resume the protection again.
4. Select 1 hour from the drop-down box, and then click Pause protection.