Recently, many people have been flooding Internet forums with queries about frequent Corel PaintShop Pro crashes.
Corel PaintShop Pro takes your photography at an amazingly higher level. This photo editing software, which is known as a reliable alternative to Adobe Photoshop is enormously valuable for businesses and advertising industry.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Update your Device Drivers
Device Drivers are special kind of software that facilitate communication between your computer and the hardware. Image processing requires faster communication which is only possible with an updated driver software. Corel PaintShop Pro crash may occur if your video driver is outdated.
- Type Device Manager in the Search Box on your Taskbar, and then open it from the Search Results.
- It opens up a new window with a list of all the devices connected to your PC.
- Expand the Display Drivers node.
- Right-click your graphics card, select Properties.
- Click the Driver tab, and then Update Driver button.
- It opens up a new prompt.
- If you have already downloaded the latest version from the manufacturer’s website, click the Browse My Computer for Driver Software button. You’ll be prompted to select the downloaded file. Follow the wizard.
- Alternatively, click the Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software option to automate the update check-up procedure.
Restore Default Settings
Considering your default application settings are changed, revert to the original configurations.
- Open Corel PaintShop Pro.
- Click the File menu on the menu bar.
- Select Preferences option.
- It opens up the program settings and advanced options.
- Click the Reset Preferences button to restore the default settings.
Delete Cache Contents To Resolve Corel PaintShop Pro Crashes
Corel PaintShop Pro uses a unique directory to store files in use. It also stores a cache of frequently used files. Over times, these files get corrupt.
- Open the Preferences dialog again.
- Click Delete Cache Files button.
Plugins facilitate graphics effects and creativity while working with your photos. Some incompatible plugins are causing your application to stop responding. You might want to identify and disable such plugins.
- In in the Preferences dialog, click the Plug-in Filters tab.
- Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3 text boxes contain paths to different plugin folders.
- Delete the values of these three text boxes.
- Click OK.
This should fix Corel PaintShop Pro crashes. If not, continue below steps.
Rename Image Database
Go to the application data directory and rename the database file.
- Exit Corel Paintshop Pro.
- Click the File Explorer icon on the Taskbar.
- Click the View tab on the Ribbon.
- Check-up Hidden items to show all hidden folders and files.
- Open the following directory:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Corel\PaintShop Pro\
- Rename the file ImageDb.db as ImageDb.db.old
Configure DEP Settings
Data Execution Prevention which prevents opening of malicious and potentially dangerous software is conflicting with Corel PaintShop Pro. Exclude the application files through the steps given below:
- Right-click This PC icon on your Desktop, select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- It opens up System Properties dialog box.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Settings under Performance.
- In subsequent dialog, click Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the second option labeled Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Click Add.
- Locate the following file:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Paint Shop Pro <version>\Psp.exe
- After adding the file, click OK twice.
Use Compatibility Mode
The application may be facing compatibility issues on the Windows platform you are currently using. Use the Compatibility Mode to run it in a particular Windows environment.
- Right-click Corel PaintShop Pro Desktop icon, select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab in the newly opened dialog box.
- Check-up the box named Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select an earlier Windows version and then click Apply | OK.