Raw images are unprocessed image files produced by digital cameras. They contain various types of information about your camera’s sensor, metadata.and color patterns .rwz, .srw and .x3f are some of the popular Raw image file formats. We’ll discuss them in detail and the steps to get rid of any duplication and organize them in a better way.
First, let’s understand what WordPress is. At the moment, in order to create your site or be its administrator, It is not necessary to have the education or skills of a programmer. In this case, it is easiest to work with special engines for administration and creation of websites. Such web-complexes are equipped with a pleasant interface and easy to use.
Spotify is one of the key players in the on-demand music streaming industry. It has a large catalogue of music in a wide range of categories- international genres, radio, podcasts, concerts, and a variety of other genres.
Best of all, you can enjoy Spotify on almost every device– straight from your web browser, using standalone Desktop apps (Mac, Windows, Linux and Chromebooks), or smartphone apps (Android, Windows Phone and iPhone). You can also find majestic Spotify app for your Android TV, Apple CarPlay, Sony PlayStation, Microsoft XBox, among others.
It is no secret that many video websites including YouTube pull down videos due to targeted copyright strikes, or sometimes due to violation of their Community Policies. If you find some interesting videos online, you should probably consider downloading it to your PC. This way you won’t lose access to the video even if it’s deleted by the original content creator.
Have you ever wondered about how many duplicate files are residing in your computer’s storage? Have you ever paid enough attention to the fact that such duplicates might be consuming a huge portion of your computer’s memory? Never? Well, you better give it a thought now. At times, these might even cause your device to become slow or lag.
Music Tags are hidden metadata that help you identify music files and organize them efficiently. Music tags contain information about each file, such as the artist, year of release, it’s author, directors, producers, etc. This information is extremely helpful to search and categorize your music files. Before we head on to the steps to batch edit music tags, let us understand why it is so important.
Nowadays it’s all about online representation and visual content. However, there is always a risk that someone will steal your images and use them for their own benefit.So, what should you do before posting pictures online?
First, you have to watermark them. A watermark is a text or a logo, which you superimpose onto your images to state that you are the author. For maximum protection you have to create watermark the right way. It should be positioned in the center of the picture. Never position watermark in any of the corners of your image, because then it can be easily removed or cut off.
Secondly, your watermark should occupy approximately 30% of your image. You can make it semi-transparent, so it wouldn’t take away all the attention. The best and easy way to watermark your pictures is to use the batch watermarking software – Visual Watermark. It offers a diverse toolkit with over 200 fonts, 66 effects, multi-element templates, multi-line text, easy-to-use interface and protection against automated watermark removal. You can even save the template of your watermark to use later. This software will help you create a truly unique and stylish watermark in just a few clicks!
It is also important not to post high resolution images online to maximize protection, even if you watermarked them. You can use this Image Resizer to quickly batch resize your images in your browser. All you have to do is upload your images, specify the output setting and download resized copies. Your original images won’t be altered. When your pictures are watermarked and resized, it is safe to post them online.
How To Use Visual Watermark?
1. Download and install Visual Watermark on your PC/ Mac.
2. Drag over the photos in the main interface to apply watermark.
3. After adding images, Visual Watermark will display your photo previews. Click on Next Step on the upper right corner of your screen.
4. You’ll be greeted with the options to add text or an image logo. For the purpose of this tutorial, let’s click on Add Text.
5. Now, specify your text on the right hand side panel. You can also adjust the font, color, size, add transparency effects or rotate the text.
6. You’re just a step away from batch watermarking your images. Simply set your Output Folder where you would like to save your processed images and then click on Watermark Photos.
7. Finally, once your images are automatically processed, the results would appear on your screen. You may also export your watermark template for future use.
Autodesk Maya is an industry-leading 3D animation software popularly used for rendering high-quality 3D cinematic animations in films, animated films, video games, and television programs. It has a whole set of digital drawing papers, colorful brushes, different sized pencils and erasers.
The history of Maya dates back to 1998 when it was originally designed by an independent software engineer, Alias Wavefront. It was in the year 2005 that Autodesk acquired this software and rebranded it as Autodesk Maya.
Maya is notedly used in some of the most popular computer games Halo, Call Of Duty, and award winning international films Rango, Hugo and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Most of the creative content, television ads, character animations, 3D and 2D effects that we watch in films are produced using Maya. Many realistic environment elements in the video games such as trees, roads, rocks are built using Maya.
The powerful toolkits in Maya simplify the entire procedure of drafting complex creative animation scripts which are far more difficult to produce by hand. This saves your time, energy and increases the efficiency.
Regularly Track Down Duplicates To Save Time & Increase Autodesk Maya Productivity
It’s common to accumulate duplicate files when you copy something from your USB stick or digital camera. It is possible to download the same file over and again from the Internet. This is why you would see a lot of files with (2), (3) prefix at the end.
If your files are disorganized, it may increase the risk of working on the same project over and again. You will soon start seeing too many files with same name but different location. This will make it difficult to find the right file and affect your productivity.
It is therefore important to regularly search for unwanted versions of original Autodesk Maya projects. This will free up your storage space and make it easy to manage a large chunk of information.
Fortunately, there are ways to tackle the problem of duplication. Clone Files Checker is a small yet powerful duplicate file identification utility from one of the most reputed software developers, Sorcim Technologies.
It uses the widely popular and accurate scan algorithm MD5 hash to compare your files. The files are grouped together by their common hash, making it easy for you to review them and take an action.
Clone Files Checker allows you to customize the scan by applying directory filters, file type filters, and file size filters to eliminate any unwanted entries. For example: If you have too many large files located in one directory which could increase the scan time, you may add these directories to the Excluded List.
Similarly, if you have individual file types (images, videos, music, archives and documents) in mind that you would rather not want to scan at this time, you may simply untick those checkboxes. The File Size Filters allow you to specify minimum and maximum range to get results of your choice. That is to say, you have full control over the entire scan procedure, and you may even decide not to delete/ move any duplicates, if you wish.
CFC allows you to export the list to a comma separated file, view additional details about the identical files, open them directly or load their parent directory.
Let us now learn how to scan for duplicate Maya files safely and securely:
- Download Clone File Checker from the Internet. Install and run the program.
- You will want to specify which directories to scan, and which ones to exclude.
- Add Folders to Scan: First and foremost, you will want to specify the directories that you want the program to scan for duplicates. This may include folders, sub-folders, partitions of your hard drive, any external media connected to your PC. To add the folders, click on the Add button and select the target folder.
- Add Folders to Ignore List: Similarly, you can create an ignore list of all folders that you do not want the program to scan at all. To do so, click on the Exclude Files tab, and independently select those folders.
- Next, select a Scan Mode.
- Use the default Full Scan mode for an all-inclusive scan that includes all file types.
- Or if you want to restrict the scan to only certain file types, you may want to try out the Custom option.
- Once the scan mode is selected, you can set the optional File Size Filters.
- Mark the Ignore files larger than checkbox ticked if you wish to eliminate large files above a certain limit.
- Similarly, use the Ignore files smaller than option to eliminate smaller files below a certain size.
- Now, start the scan using the Start Search button and wait for some time. The scan might take time if you’ve a large chunk of data.
- Once the results are displayed on your screen, you will be asked to choose one of the following options:
- Quick-Fix: This option initiates a wizard-based interface that guides you throughout the automatic selection of your duplicates. You can save time by specifying the kind of files you want to retain in each group (Newest/ Oldest). At the end, you will be prompted to select an action of your choice (Move to Recycle Bin/ Move to Folder). Be sure to use the in-house Automatic Backup feature to prevent loss of crucial information. To restore your files at a later point of time, go to the History tab and use the Restore option.
- Review & Scan: The Review & Fix option allows you to view all duplicates on your screen with added information about the actual locations, file sizes, file types, and so on. You may individually select each file, or use the automatic selection functionality to bulk select with single click. The selection criterias include Retain newest files in each group, Retain oldest files in each group, Mark/ Unmark files by their location, Deselect all. Finally, click on the Select Action button and choose what to do with your duplicates.
We hope the AutoDesk Maya duplicate problem will be fixed.
Memory Stick is a type of electrically erasable flash memory. It is a small, portable, durable and reliable device that carries your information. You can connect it to almost every electronic equipment including computers, laptops, tablets, DVD players, television sets, among others. Memory sticks are often referred to as USB flash drives, pen drives and thumb drives.
USB 3.0 memory sticks have been recorded to transfer data at 4.8 GB/ sec which is much higher than SD memory cards that can transfer your data at 312 MB/ sec.
Contrary to hard drives that consume higher power while reading and writing with the use of magnetism, memory sticks consume very insignificant power.
Memory sticks are Plug & Play type of devices. This means that, they work on any computer as soon as they are connected to it. There is no need of downloading any driver software.
Moreover, they are multi-usable. In addition to storing user’s data, they provide additional functionality and other add-on benefits:
- Run Portable Applications: A portable application is a software designed to directly run from memory sticks. Portable applications do not require installation of any kind. They have the self-run ability and can be easily distinguishable from other applications. Memory sticks can run your portable applications such as games, Chrome & Firefox portable editions, OpenOffice Portable, VLC Media Player Portable.
- Acts As Boot Self-Bootable Media: Memory sticks can also be used as self-bootable media to load an operating system of your choice. You can try a fully-functional copy of multiple Linux distributions such as Ubuntu without installing.
- Antivirus Rescue Media: Rescue media are especially helpful to disinfect a computer infected by viruses, spyware, malware and other threats. All it takes is to download & burn Antivirus rescue media on a USB stick and boot from it.
- Backup & Restore: A memory stick can also act as a backup storage in the case of hard drive failure, laptop thefts, human errors, viruses, software crashes, and many other reasons. It delivers faster backup and restore of your important documents, photos, videos and other important stuff.
- Security/ Log-In Credentials: Windows and some third-party applications allow usage of memory sticks as a medium for two-factor authentication. This can protect your data from unauthorized people and intruders.
Interestingly, memory sticks are removable and rewritable type of device. They can be removed from one computer and connected to another. You may reuse the same device multiple times after wiping out (formatting) your data as many times as you wish.
Finding Duplicate Files And Photos On Memory Stick
Method # 1: Manual Way To Find Duplicates
Although Windows does not contain any in-house duplicate cleaner feature, File Explorer (known as Windows Explorer in earlier versions) can help you organize files in a manner to identify duplicates. This may, however, require lot of efforts on your part and there is a chance of accidental deletion of important photos.
- Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
- Press the F3 key of your keyboard to initiate Search.
- Click on the Search tab.
- Click the Kind icon, followed by the type of file you want to search for. For instance: document, e-mail, picture, movie, calendar, game, link, note, playlist or folder.
- Do you wish to limit your search for a specific range of files? If yes, customize the optional File Size Filters. Click the Size icon, and select your preferred file size/ range. For instance: large (128 MB – 1 GB), huge (1 – 4 GB), gigantic (> 4GB).
- Now, switch to the View tab, and click on the Sort By icon.
- Select the Name option in the Sort By drop-down box.
- Again, click the same Sort By icon, and select Ascending.
- Click on Group By, followed by Name.
- All your files will now be rearranged in an ascending manner so that you would be able to individually compare each file name. Normally, duplicate files will appear just below the original ones.
Method # 2: Automatic Way Of Finding Duplicates (Recommended)
Clone Files Checker software uses the MD5 Hash algorithm for 100% search accuracy. Contrary to manual scan, the results are almost instant. Moreover, you have the freedom to exclude certain sub-folders, file types and file sizes for better results.
- Download and install Clone Files Checker
- Double-click the installed file and go through the installation wizard.
- Run the program after successful completion.
- Click on the Add button, and choose the drive letter of your memory stick.
- Click OK.
- Set the Search Filters in place. (Optional)
- Use the File Type Filter if you want to search for only a specific set of files. Select the Custom option and check-up individual file types. To check for only duplicate photos, check-up the Images box.
- Use the File Size Filter and select the upper and lower search limit in MB or GB to limit scan for only a range of file size.
- Click on the Start Search button.
- Wait for the results to appear.
- Now, individually review the results and use the checkboxes to include photo files for deletion. Alternatively, use the Select Duplicates button to choose all duplicates automatically.
- Click on Select Action, and choose whether to move your duplicates to the Recycle Bin or to a new folder.
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder (ADFF) happens to be one of the most-renowned free duplicate finding tools currently circulating in this competitive market.
It is a great tool to swiftly remove junk files from your computer and recover some precious storage space. It has a simple user interface, which makes it highly convenient for personal and official uses.
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder Vs Clone Files Checker
Unless provided with the administrator’s permission, Auslogics Duplicate File Finder will not run on a computer device. Also, it is only for personal uses. However, when it comes to Clone Files Checker, there are no such restrictions.
ADFF is only compatible with Windows (Vista, XP, 7, 8.1, and 10). On the other hand, CFC works well on Windows 10 and earlier, as well as Mac OS (10.10 and above).
Although both the programs work with basic file types (images, videos, archives, audios, applications, documents), Clone Files Checker holds an edge in this matter too. This is because CFC can also work with iTune music files.
Another essential feature that Auslogics Duplicate File Finder currently lacks is the ability to search for duplicates in cloud service accounts. On the other hand, CFC works perfectly with cloud accounts such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
External Hard Disks
Unlike ADFF, CFC allows users to directly scan external hard disks for duplicates too. This allows users to save time and run the scan without having to transfer files to the computer first.
CFC is also capable of searching for duplicate/similar files within hidden directories. This simply makes the scanning process more efficient and helps the users get rid of a larger number of junk files. However, ADFF’s algorithms do not have this ability yet.
After The Scan
There comes a tricky question after your searching scan has been completed. Do you want to delete the duplicate files detected permanently? Do you want to relocate them and review them later? Do you want to save them at an external source?
Well, in case of Auslogics, users have three different options. You can either delete the detected files permanently or you can delete them to your device’s recycle bin. Alternatively, you can delete the files into “Auslogics Rescue Center.” This is a great idea by Auslogics, which allows users to store their data externally as a back-up. So, in case you want to recover a file later on, you can do so easily. However, this feature might not work if your device was overloaded with excessive junk files so you will have to be a bit careful.
Coming to Clone Files Checker, apart from permanent deletion, CFC also allows users to relocate all the detected duplicate files into a new folder where they can review the files, and then decide on an action that is to be taken. Moreover, CFC also makes a backup of all data before running the scan. Thus, if you ever accidentally delete a file or simply change your mind later on, you can recover your files in a single click.
Exporting Search Results
Unlike ADFF, Clone Files Checker offers an additional feature that lets you export your scan results into multiple different file formats such as CSV, HTML or Excel files.
Other Missing Features
So far, Auslogics DFF also does not have a drag and drop feature for folder selection. Due to this, users have to spend more time during the process.
From the information shared above, we can conclude that CFC has an edge over Auslogics Duplicate File Finder. Nevertheless, ADFF is a great tool and if its developers work on improving these few features, ADFF definitely has the potential to stand out.