Asphalt 8 Airborne gives a thrilling, sheer sensation of high-speed auto-accelerated cars in a set of different scenarios. After its long-awaited release, a lot of gamers hopelessly complained about frequent crashes. The game wouldn’t open or simply crash to desktop during gameplay. Here’s how to deal with this problem.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system. It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue. Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
Update Your Drivers
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system.
It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue.
Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
Verify Hardware Components
Ensure your system meets the following hardware requirements:
- Memory: 2 GB
- Video Card: Must be compatible with Microsoft DirectX
Repair DirectX Installation
Microsoft DirectX comes with a set of APIs that are used during gameplay. It sends instructions to a DirectX-compatible video card. You’re encountering Asphalt 8 Airborne crashes because the DirectX installation is probably corrupted. Repair the installation as shown under:
- Press Windows Key + X; select the Programs and Features.
- Right click Microsoft DirectX software; select the Repair option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Reinstall the Game
Some of the game files are renamed, corrupted, moved or deleted. Reinstalling the game can fix Asphalt 8 Airborne crashes.
- Click Start, select the Settings icon.
- Click System icon.
- Click the Apps & Features tab in the left-hand side panel.
- Click Asphalt 8 Airborne and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the removal wizard, and then restart your computer.
- After successful uninstall, use the Setup to reinstall the game again.
Delete Saved Game Data
Game data is a set of technical information, such as user profile details and runtime logs. Asphalt 8 Airborne crashes whenever it fails to retrieve required information from the files.
1. Press Windows Key + R; type AppData in the Run dialog.
2. Click OK.
3. Open the following folder:
4. Delete all folder contents.
Delete Game Configs
Any changes made to your game settings are stored in configuration files located in the AppData directory. Remove these files and re-open the game again.
- Re-open the application data directory (AppData) using the File Explorer.
- Empty all contents from the following folder:
Update DirectX to Newest Version
Your existing version of Microsoft DirectX could be corrupted. You may be running an older version of Microsoft DirectX. Update it from the Microsoft Download Centre.