The highly satisfying open-world adventure game Just Cause 2 reportedly plagued with a number of technical glitches that causes it to crash repeatedly.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Delete Saved Files
The game stores configuration files during runtime in the JCSaves folder. Different games store these files in different directories. These files usually range from 100 KB to over 2 MB. A slight corruption into the saved file contents may cause Just Cause 2 crashes.
- Exit the game.
- Double-click the Users folder on your Desktop.
- Double-click Documents.
- Open the following location:
- Delete all files and sub-folders.
Use Compatibility Mode
When you try to launch a game or program built in an older Windows version, it may not work correctly. The Compatibility Mode feature turns off additional game/ program features that prevent it from functioning correctly.
- Right-click the Just Cause 2 desktop icon.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check-up the box labeled Run this program in compatibility mode for, and then select an earlier version of Windows.
- Click OK.
Use Windowed Mode
Windowed Mode is a feature that loads games in a smaller window rather than typical full screen mode. Many users reported JC2 crashes fixed after launching their game in windowed mode.
- Open the Steam client and go to the Games Library.
- Right-click the game icon, select Properties.
- Click Set Launch Options.
- Add the following parameter:
- Save the settings and exit.
Rename main.ncf File
This file is a part of the fame client. A temporary glitch may cause the file to corrupt.
- Quit Steam if it is already running.
- Double-click This PC icon on your Desktop.
- Open the following location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\
- In the Just Cause 2 game folder, you’ll find a file named main.ncf
- Rename it as main.ncf.old
- Open up the Steam client, and re-download Just Cause 2.
Turn Off Steam Overlay
The Steam Overlay features enables access to Steam community features through the game window. Try disabling this feature to see if it helps.
- Open up the Steam Client.
- Go to the Settings dialog.
- Click the In-Game Settings tab.
- Uncheck the box named Enable the Steam overlay while in-game.
- Click Apply, and then OK.
Verify Game Cache
Make sure that the game cache contents are not corrupt.
- Open the Steam client.
- Go to the Games Library.
- Right-click the JC2 icon, select Properties from the context-menu options.
- Click the Local Files tab, and then Verify integrity of game cache.
- Wait until the task is finished.
Microsoft DirectX is an essential component that provides technology required to play the games. Visit the Microsoft Download Centre and grab the latest version for your computer.
Download Visual C++ Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable contains all the necessary files required to run your games and programs. Obtain the same from Microsoft Download Centre.
Update Video Card Driver
If you’ve got problem with Just Cause 2 game, consider updating your graphics driver.
- Press Windows Key + X, select Device Manager.
- Expand the top node, and then Display Adapters.
- Right-click the video card, for example, Intel HD Graphics Family.
- Choose Update driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the driver is successfully downloaded and installed, restart your computer/ laptop.