Become king of the road and experience a long journey driving various cargoes across the US. American Truck Simulator, a game parallel to Euro Truck Simulator, is available on Windows platform. A lot of people complained sudden, annoying crashes which we will be covering in this article.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system. It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue. Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
Update Your Drivers
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Drivers are a group of files that allow communication between your computer’s hardware and operating system.
It is more likely that outdated system or peripheral drivers may have caused this issue.
Update your drivers using Free Driver Booster, and then reboot your machine.
Check System Requirements
Hardware components play a significant role in the functioning of your computer. Make sure your computer fulfills the following requirements:
- Processor: Intel Dual Core
- Memory: 4 GB
- Video Card: Intel HD/ Nvidia GeForce
- Free disk space: 3 GB
Exclude Game File from DEP
DEP is a feature that prevents your computer from security threats and viruses. It blocks unauthorized, harmful applications from executing malicious code. The problem arises when it prevents genuine games, such as American Truck Simulator.
- Right-click This PC icon on Desktop.
- Select Properties
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Settings (Performance).
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the option labeled Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Click Add.
- One by one locate all Executable Files (.exe) from the following location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\American Truck Simulator
- Finally, click OK | OK.
Set Higher Process Priority
At times, American Truck Simulator faces deficient memory problem. It fails to process game files and objects in given time interval. This issue can be solved by setting higher process priority, so that other processes will be sidelined.
- Press Windows Key + X; select Task Manager.
- Click More details.
- Click the Details tab.
- Right click American Truck Simulator process; select Set Priority | High.
Change Pre-Rendered Frames
Optimize your Nvidia Control Panel settings for optimum performance. Here’s how:
- Right-click your Desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel option.
- Click Manage 3D settings.
- Click Global Settings.
- Specify Pre-Rendered Frames to 1.
- Save the settings and exit.
Change Power Management Settings
Make sure your Nvidia power management settings are properly configured.
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel again.
- Click Manage 3D Settings.
- Select Prefer maximum performance as the Power management mode.
- Apply the settings.
Delete Game Configs
Your game configurations could be changed in an incorrect manner. Remove the file specified below to restore the default settings.
1. Click the User’s Library folder on your Desktop.
2. Open the following location:
- …\Documents\American Truck Simulator
3. Delete the file named config.cfg
Delete Saved Game Data
Your saved game data files could be damaged. Delete them and reload the game.
1. Go to the following location:
- …\Documents\American Truck Simulator\Profiles
2. Delete all files from the Profiles folder.