AMD Catalyst Control Center provides a way to customize the high-powered, integrated graphics features. It is an alternative to the traditional Display Settings dialog in Microsoft Windows. Many users reported a problem while working with the AMD Catalyst Control Center, which enables configuring monitor positions, changing 3D configurations and video fine-tuning.
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Download the Diagnostic
There are certain situations when missing entries in your registry and registry corruption causes this problem. Try running a registry scan to identify if there are any such issues.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Reinstall ATI Catalyst Control Center
Many users fixed their issue by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD Catalyst software. Make sure you delete all left-over traces before initiating the installation.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click the System icon.
4. Click Apps & Features tab
5. Select AMD Catalyst Control Center.
6. Click Uninstall.
7. Click Yes in the confirmation prompt.
8. Reboot your PC.
9. Double click This PC icon on Desktop.
10. Delete all files from the below folders:
- C:\Program Files\ATI\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI\
11. Download and install the latest version of AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Delete Repository Files
Repository directory contains files accumulated as a database for the purpose of distributing them over the Internet.
1. Press Windows Key + R.
2. Type Services.msc in the Open box.
3. Click OK.
4. Scroll down the Services list.
5. Right-click Windows Management Instrumentation service.
6. Select Stop option.
7. Click the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.
8. Open the following directory:
9. Delete the folder named Repository.
10. Open the Services tool again.
11. Right-click Windows Management Instrumentation service, select Start.
12. Exit and restart your machine.
Delete Temporary Files
Temporary files hold temporary data used during programs runtime for inter-process communication.
1. Exit all open applications, if any.
2. Double click This PC icon on Desktop.
3. Delete all files from the below folder:
Update Video Driver
A Graphics Driver is a software that facilitates and controls operational functionality of your graphics card. AMD Catalyst Control Center fails to start when your video card driver is out-of-date. Updating the driver may take a little longer and requires an active Internet connection throughout.
1. Press Windows Key + X.
2. Select Device Manager.
3. Expand the top node.
4. Expand Display Adapters node.
5. Right-click your video card, select Update driver software.
6. Follow the on-screen wizard.