A newly installed Windows 10 PC user may get an activation error 0xc004f050 due to some technical issues. Here are some guidelines:
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
- Download and install Diagnostic
- Perform driver update.
- Restart your computer.
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Re-enter Product Key
Using Windows Activation dialog re-specify the product key as under:
1. Right click This PC desktop icon; choose Properties.
2. You have now System window opened up on your screen.
3. Under Windows Activation category, click “Change product key” (at the bottom of the screen)
4. Enter your Product Key in the text box, click Next.
Use Another License Server
Use Windows Server KMS license instead of using Windows 10 KMS License. It might work.
1. Open up Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Execute below command:
- Slmgr.vbs /ipk <Your Product Key>
- Slmgr.vbs /ato
3. After successful completion, reboot your machine.
Use Automated Telephone System
Automated Telephone System can be helpful for activation purpose. To activate Windows 10 with an automated phone system, follow the steps given below:
1. In the Search Box, type “Activation” and open that.
2. In the Settings dialog, click “Click here to activate Windows now” link.
3. Click Show me other ways to activate | Use the Automated Phone System.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Rebuild Licensing Store
Verify the condition of files stored in the Licensing Store. If the files are corrupted, restore it as shown under:
1. Press Windows Key + X; choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type following commands:
- Net stop sppsvc
- CD %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- REN tokens.dat tokens.bar
- net start sppsvc
3. Enter your key when you’re prompted to do so. Apply the changes and reboot your PC.
Retrieve Key from BIOS
If you’ve got Windows preinstalled on your PC, there is a possibility that the Product Key will be buried into the BIOS. Use following steps to retrieve the same:
1. Open Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Execute the following command:
- powershell “(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey”
3. Press ENTER.
Verify Activation Status
Make sure Windows is correctly activated. You can view product activation status as below:
1. In the Search Box, type “See if Windows is activated”
2. Open that. You can now see the status on your screen.