An error occurs while obtaining updates from Microsoft servers. The technical issue which affects Windows 10 users, occurs due to several reasons ranging from corrupted versions of system files to incorrect system configs.
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem…. Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from automatically fixing this problem….
Estimated Download Time: 10 Seconds
Restore your System
System Restore allows your laptop/ computer to revert to an earlier point in time. It is helpful when your system malfunctions due to some recent changes in your system settings, application files, and other system components.
1. Type Restore in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Open Create a Restore Point from the Search Results.
3. You have a new dialog on your screen named System Properties.
4. Click System Restore.
5. Now you can see two options, viz. Recommended restore and Choose a different restore point.
6. Select the preferred option and continue the follow-up prompts.
Restore Original State of your System Files
sfc.exe, located in the System32 directory, scans vital operating system files for unauthorized changes.
1. Type Command Prompt in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. It’ll appear in the Search Results. Right-click it, choose Run as administrator option.
3. Execute below commands:
- SFC /ScanNow
4. Reboot your laptop/ PC.
Uninstall Incompatible Updates
Where new updates installed on your machine? If so, remove them through updates history.
1. Open the Settings screen from the Start Screen.
2. Type Updates in the Search Box located on the upper right corner.
3. Open View installed updates from the Search Results.
4. It lists out all updates installed on your laptop/ computer. Right-click a recently installed update that you intend to uninstall, select Uninstall option.
5. Follow the process, reboot after successful completion.
Change BITS Startup Type
BITS which stands for Background Intelligent Transfer Service must be running in the background at the time of updates download and installation process. If the process was halted due to some reasons, it might deliver 0x80240fffX Windows 10 error.
1. Press Windows Key + X; choose Control Panel.
2. Type Administrative Tools in the Search Box located at the top right corner.
3. Open Administrative Tools from the Search Results.
4. Open Component Services.
5. Expand following nodes:
- Console Root | Services (Local)
6. Scroll down the list of services, right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service and choose Properties from the context menu.
7. Set the Startup Type to Automatic (Delayed Start) in the General tab.
8. Click Apply, and then OK.
9. Reboot your laptop/ computer for the changes to take effects.