The error typically occurs while downloading Windows updates. Restarting the computer and re-initiating download process won’t help.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Update Device Drivers
In most of the cases reported, this issue was caused due to outdated device drivers – software that facilitate communication between your operating system and hardware. Update the device drivers using the Free Wise Driver Care. Restart your computer after successful completion.
Delete Software Distribution Files
The Software Distribution files are temporary files required for the installation of Windows updates. Your computer pops up 8007002C error when your software distribution files get corrupted. Stop the Windows Update service first as component files cannot be deleted while they are in use.
1. Press Windows Key + R; type Services.msc and click OK.
2. In the new window, you will see a list of all running and stopped services.
3. Right-click the Windows Update service and select Stop.
4. Click File Explorer on your Taskbar.
5. Open following location:
6. Empty all contents from the “Download” and “DataStore” subfolders.
Use Selective Startup
As the name describes, Selective Startup is a boot type that loads a limited set of services and startups. A third party software may be causing Windows 10 error 8007002C. Booting up your machine with a selective startup will fix the issue.
1. Fire up System Configuration tool. In the Search Box on your Taskbar, type MSCONFIG and press ENTER.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Choose Selective Startup option, and then check-up Load system services.
4. Uncheck the box named Load startup items.
5. Click Apply, and OK.
Force Windows Update
Force the Windows Update tool to download and install required updates. The steps are outlined below:
1. Press Windows Key + X; choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type below command; press ENTER:
• wuauclt.exe /updatenow
3. After successful completion quit the window.
Diagnose RAM Issues
Defective, wrongly installed memory chip can be other reasons. Using the Windows Memory Diagnostic, figure out the RAM issues.
1. Press Windows Key + X; choose Search.
2. Type Memory
3. Click Windows Memory Diagnostic
4. Click Restart now and check for problems button.