TeamViewer is a remote control software primarily used to establish a connection to any PC or server around the world. The software, designed to conduct PC screen sharing & control activities and online meetings, encounters the following error:
No connection to TeamViewer server. Kaspersky Internet Security has been found on this computer, this software may be blocking TeamViewer’s access to the Internet.
As the error clearly describes, an Antivirus installed on your computer might have triggered a false positive resulting into blocking of network connections and traffic to the computers/ servers you’re trying to connect. The solution is simple: add TeamViewer to exclusions, mark the application as a trusted app, or temporarily disable your Antivirus.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Add TeamViewer to Kaspersky Exclusions
Add TeamViewer to the Exclusions List by configuring the Kaspersky Internet Security settings in the following manner:
1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security.
2. Click the small Settings icon on the bottom left corner of your main window.
3. In the newly opened Settings dialog, click the Additional tab > Threats and Exclusions.
4. Click Manage Exclusions link.
5. Click Add.
6. Click Browse.
7. Browse and locate the following file into the new window:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe
8. Click Select.
9. Your new entry should look like this:
10. Review it carefully and then click Add.
11. A confirmation prompt will be displayed on your screen. Click Continue.
12. Click Close twice.
Set TeamViewer as a Trusted App
Kaspersky Internet Security will not restrict any activities of an app added to it’s Trusted Apps list. The app, it’s program, Registry and network traffic activities will not be scanned.
1. Refer Steps # 1-3 under the Add TeamViewer to Kaspersky Exclusions section.
2. Click Specify trusted application.
3. Click Add.
4. An extensive list of applications and processes will be displayed on your screen. Scroll it down; select TeamViewer <Version> [File Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\teamviewer.exe], and then click Next.
5. Check-up the following boxes:
- Do not scan files before opening
- Do not monitor application activity
- Do not inherit restrictions from the (application’s) parent process
- Do not monitor child application activity
6. Click Add.
7. In the confirmation prompt, click Continue.
8. Click Close twice.
Temporarily Disable your Antivirus
The easiest way to resolve No connection to TeamViewer server error is to disable your Antivirus temporarily. However, your computer will be vulnerable to malicious and phishing attacks.
1. Click the Upward arrow on the Notification Area of your Taskbar.
2. Right-click Kaspersky Internet Security.
3. Select Pause protection.
4. You have a new prompt on your screen. Select Pause for specified time: 15 Minutes.
5. Click Pause protection.
Important: It is highly recommended to resume the Antivirus as earliest as possible.