As the error clearly describes, there is something wrong with the AMD graphics card driver or Catalyst Install Manager components. This article is aimed to troubleshoot the error in a step by step manner.
No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem… 1. Download and install the Diagnostic 2. Run full scan 3. Perform system clean-up & repair Estimated download time: 10 Seconds In most of the cases reported, this issue was caused due to outdated device drivers – software that facilitate communication between your operating system and hardware. Update the device drivers using the Free Wise Driver Care. Restart your computer after successful completion.
Update Device Drivers
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
In most of the cases reported, this issue was caused due to outdated device drivers – software that facilitate communication between your operating system and hardware. Update the device drivers using the Free Wise Driver Care. Restart your computer after successful completion.
Reinstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Some changes might have occurred in AMD Catalyst Install Manager program files and components. Fix the issue by reinstalling the application.
1. Press the Windows Key + X.
2. Select the Control Panel.
3. Click Programs | Programs and Features.
4. Right click the AMD Catalyst Install Manager and select Uninstall option.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions; reboot.
6. Download and install the latest version of AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
Disable Integrity Checks
The process of integrity checking compares stored data with a previously recorded version. Your operating system compares the data to check for possible changes due to various reasons including malware intrusions.
1. Press Windows Key + X.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Execute following commands one by one. Press ENTER after each command.
- bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
4. Restart your computer for the changes to take effects.
Reinstall AMD Graphics Driver
A user with Administrator or equivalent permission can reinstall the AMD graphics device driver that fails to work altogether.
1. Press Windows Key + X.
2. Select Device Manager.
3. Click the View menu, select Show hidden devices.
4. Expand the top node.
5. Expand the Display Adapters node.
6. You would see the AMD Graphics Card. Right-click it, select Uninstall option.
7. Exit out of the screen, restart your machine.
8. Open the Device Manager again.
9. Right-click the top node, select Scan for hardware changes.
Determine Hardware Acceleration Status
The feature Hardware Acceleration makes your computer perform faster than a standard computing architecture. You might want to check whether this feature, which uses modern graphics and hardware, is enabled or not. There may be problems with the functioning of this feature.
1. Type DxDiag in the Search Box on your Taskbar.
2. Open DxDiag from the Search Results.
3. It opens up DirectX Diagnostic program.
4. Click the Display tab.
5. Make sure that the following three features are ENABLED:
- DirectDraw Acceleration
- Direct3D Acceleration
- AGP Texture Acceleration
6. Review the contents of the Notes textbox. In the case of no issues, “No problems found” does appear.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
If the hardware acceleration is turned on, you might want to disable it using the Settings window. Here’s how:
1. Right-click on an empty area of your Desktop.
2. Select Personalize.
3. In the Search Box on the left-hand side panel, type Display Settings.
4. Open the Display Settings from the Search Results.
5. Click the Advanced display settings link in the Display tab.
6. Click Display Adapter Properties link.
7. Click the Troubleshoot tab.
8. Click Change settings.
9. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to the extreme left, i.e. None.
10. Click OK | OK | OK.
Note: Troubleshoot tab is invisible when your computer does not support the hardware acceleration feature.