Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 encounters following error while performing requested tasks:
Error 0x800CCC13: Cannot connect to the network. Check your network connection.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Update Device Drivers
In most of the cases reported, this issue was caused due to outdated device drivers – software that facilitate communication between your operating system and hardware. Update the device drivers using the Free Wise Driver Care. Restart your computer after successful completion.
Ensure Admin Privileges
Check whether you’ve sufficient administrative privileges to perform requested tasks. Here are the steps to ensure full permissions to perform requested tasks:
1. Click File Explorer icon on Taskbar.
2. Open following path:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\
3. Right click “Office 15” and select Properties.
4. Click Security tab.
5. Click Edit button.
6. Check-up “Full Control” check box under Allow column.
7. Click OK | OK.
Determine Add-Ins Issues with Safe Mode
No add-ins or components will be loaded in safe mode for troubleshooting purposes. Here are the steps to load Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 in Safe Mode, and then disable problematic add-ins:
1. Open up Run dialog. To do so, press Windows Key + R.
2. You’ve now a new window on your screen.
3. Type following command:
- Outlook /safe
4. Click OK or press ENTER.
5. Try attempting to perform the process that caused error 0x800CCC13 on Windows 10. If the error does not appear in safe mode, definitely one or more add-ins are not working properly. Continue below steps:
6. Click the File menu, choose Options | Add-Ins.
7. Click Go button under Manage Com-in Add category.
8. Uncheck all add-ins displayed in the dialog, and then exit out of the screen.
Execute ScanPST.EXE File
Make sure you’re logged in to the email account with which you experience an error and then run the following file using File Explorer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\SCANPST.EXE
Reset the NetSHWinSock
The steps to reset NetSHWinSock using Command Prompt are as under:
1. Press Windows Key + X; choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. It opens up a new dialog. Type below command:
- Netshwinsock reset
3. Press ENTER.
Modify Registry Settings
Sometimes the error is caused due to Registry misconfigurations. The best way to prevent it is to check if your Windows Registry is well configured.
1. Fire up Registry Editor using RegEdit command in Run dialog box.
2. After opening up Registry Editor, locate following subkey:
3. Delete the string referring to Outlook 2013 if any.
4. Exit out of the screen; do a reboot.