Steller is a disk recovery application designed for Windows operating system. It allows users to recover a wide variety of files, including Microsoft Office documents, PDF files, music, videos and images. Even if a file is accidentally deleted from the Recycle Bin or you were forced to format the PC due to inaccessible boot device, it is quite possible to easily restore it.
There are two scan modes, viz. Quick Scan and Deep Scan. While initiating a new scan, prefer the Quick Scan which takes relatively little time. If your files are not found in quick scan, initiate the Deep Scan, which takes longer time and performs a thorough search to evaluate if your data is recoverable.
- Lightweight application, consumes lesser resources
- User friendly interface
- Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- The ability to scan storage drive with more than 2 TB of space
- Scans lost/ deleted files on FAT32/ NTFS and other volumes
- Save to FTP allows you to save the recovered data on to an FTP server.
Step # 1: Download Stellar
Free download Stellar Data Recovery from here.
Start the Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery application.
Step # 2: Select what to Recover Page
1. If you want to perform a full scan consisting all file types, check-up All Data under Everything category.
2. If you want to select custom file types, un-check All Data, and then select them one by one. For example: Office documents, folders, emails, photos, audio, and videos.
3. Click Next.
Step # 3: Select Location Page
1. You might want to select the location(s) from where you want to recover your data. This can be anything from your Desktop, My Documents, a system or non-system drive, or a disk image.
2. Click Scan.
Step # 4: Scanning Completed
When the scan is completed, you should see a successful dialog box. Click OK.
Step # 5: Recover your Files
1. On the left-hand side of your screen, File Type, Tree View and Deleted List tabs will appear. Navigate through them and locate the file you’d want to recover.
2. If the file cannot be found, click on Click here ahead of the Deep Scan.
3. To start recovering your file(s), click on Recover.
- The scan procedure might take some time. If you’ve selected a large volume to scan, it may tend to run slower.
- Although the program aims to recover or otherwise lost files, at times, some files cannot be recovered. This may happen when you regularly defragment your hard drive which overwrites files that have been deleted from the Recycle Bin. If you’d used file shredder programs that essentially erase everything and make the data unrecoverable, some of your files may not be recoverable.