Many people are upgrading their computers to Windows 10. The error pop ups while trying to activate Windows 10 or change its Product Key.
You’re just 3 steps away from fixing this problem…
1. Download and install the Diagnostic
2. Run full scan
3. Perform system clean-up & repair
Estimated download time: 10 Seconds
Update Device Drivers
In most of the cases reported, this issue was caused due to outdated device drivers – software that facilitate communication between your operating system and hardware. Update the device drivers using the Free Wise Driver Care. Restart your computer after successful completion.
Use Command-line Arguments
You may have to follow these command-lines:
1. Open Command Prompt (Admin). Press Windows Key + X; and select that option.
2. Execute below command-lines
- slmgr /upk
- slmgr.vbs /cpky
- slmgr /ckms
- slmgr.vbs /ckms
- slmgr /skms localhost
3. Restart the PC after executing these commands.
Perform Activation by Phone
Phone activation works when Microsoft servers fail to change product keys.
1. By pressing Windows Key + R and opening Run dialog, type “slui.exe 4” and click OK.
2. Go for “Phone Activation” option when you’re prompted to do so.
Download Windows Updates
Microsoft may have released new patches for error 0xc004e016. Go to Windows Update and check for new updates.
1. Open Start Menu, click Settings.
2. In the new page, click Update & Security icon.
Try Activation Command-lines
There are other SLMGR command-lines where you need to insert your Windows 10 Product Key. The activation should work.
1. Open Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Execute below command:
- slmgr /ipk AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA (Replace it with your Product Key)
- slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
- slmgr /ato
3. Restart your PC for the changes to take effects.